Chapter 12; First base?

I didn't wake up until just after 12 noon on Saturday morning. I was so tired and hungry as I made my way to the kitchen. Liam was still passed out on our couch in just his boxers and shirt but Christen was in the kitchen, her head down against the counter and an open keg of water beside her.
"Why would you let me do this, Chels", she groaned once she was aware of my presence.
I chuckled and started banging pots and pans around. She glared up at me, "you imp if you don't stop that I'm gonna pour vinegar into your nutella jar"
"So violent", I accused.
"I'm dying Chels help me"
"Pancakes and coffee?" I asked.
"Yes please", another voice joined the conversation. Liam came round the counter and collapsed in the stool beside Christen.
"Morning babe you look like absolute shit"
"You probably shouldn't go near a mirror anytime soon"
They both grinned at each other then groaned in pain at the effort it took.
I laughed, "pancakes and coffee coming up".
"I'm never going near any of Arrows parties again, the booze is so good and fancy you forget to stop".
"Let's make a pact babe"
"With blood?"
"Of course"
I banged a pan harder and they both cursed at me.
"Y'all talk too much for people who are supposed to be hung up".
"How come you're so chipper, where did you run off too last night. I thought you bailed again"
"You thought I bailed then proceeded to drink yourselves stupid?"
"Shut up Arrow usually has a car service pick up passed out people"
"Let me guess his sister owns it?"
"No it's the clubs personal car service"
      "Of course".
I prepared the rest of breakfast in silence but once we all sat down to eat Christen was on my neck again.
"Where were you last night?"
"At the Cupids Arrow night club you should know you took me there"
"Don't sass your mama girl what did you get up to", Liam demanded pretending to be my dad.
"Tell her babe", Christen agreed, they shared a quick kiss between their unbrushed mouths and turned back to face my now grimacing expression.
"Well?"
"I got up to finger foods and my project. What is wrong with you?".
"No details, you're telling me you stuck to your project the entire night and did not even consider a few hours of fun?"
"I had a bit of fun I ate". But my head immediately went to the vision of a shirtless Logan at the mention of the word fun.
"Chels", Christen groaned. "I already have a headache I don't need another one now can you be nice and tell me all that you got up to after I dumped your ass at the bar" she winced rubbed her temples then groaned, "so many words".
I took pity on her. I also knew she wouldn't let me rest until I spilled my guts, Christen had been waiting years for me to have an experience like that and keeping my debut clubbing story from her was a no go. She'd probably never drive me to school again.

"Alright, fine. It was really stupid mostly. Some guys came up to me but they barely said anything they had like zero game and I was not impressed so I pretty much hid myself at the side of the counter the entire night".
"What?", Christen screeched forgetting her headache for a moment. She and Liam groaned in sync right after.
"Babe", he whined, but Christen had other concerns in the moment.
"I played my membership card for you at the spa and you didn't talk to anybody what happened to Jada mode Chels?", she whisper screamed.
"I never said I didn't talk to anybody", I replied spreading nutella on my pancake.

There was a breath of relief as Liam gently patted Christens back.
"So you did talk to someone"
"Two people infact aren't you proud of me?"
"I am who were they?"
"So you're not asking because you're concerned about my project"
"Of course I'm concerned about your project, Chelsea now who were they"
I rolled my eyes, "I spoke to Logan and Nathan".
There was a pause where Liam and Christen just stared at me.
"River Lowry and Arrow?", Liam finally asked.
I nodded, "the very ones".
Liam grinned fully, "Nathan hit on you didn't he?"
"He tried".
Liam chuckled again then turned to Christen " breathe babe, in and out".
"Our little bubba is all grown up", Christen gasped.
"I'm three months older than you Chrissy".
"You held a civil conversation with Logan and Nathan?", she said in disbelief.
"I must confess that it wasn't completely civil"
"Tell me all about it right now"
"Ok, first I coerced Logan into being my personal clown then I completely horrified both him and Nathan when I confessed that I was hurrying home to take a big dump".
Christen paled, Liam howled.
"No you didn't Sternhart"
I nodded he offered me a fist bumb but Christen slapped his arm away before I could meet it.
"Why would you do something like that Chelsea, Jada mode Jada mode get that into your thick skull"
"Hey I was a proud Jada but then I got impatient. Did you know I spoke to Logan first. Chelsea would have never begun a conversation with a stranger you know that, she thinks they are all empty. I even helped him clean the sticky margarita on his body after some chick drenched him with it and Chelsea is not that charitable".
"Wait Lowry got you to first base?"
"Not first base you idiot"
"But he took off his shirt, you saw his bare chest?"
   I nodded Christen screeched.
"He was so hitting on you Chelsea"
"He was trying to get the margarita off his body it stank"
"I'm guessing he took you to the little backroom suite huh?, incase you didn't notice there's a shower there and he has used it plenty of times before he's best mates with Arrow you know they use each others stuff all the time"
I sat back and processed the information I guess I should have known. He could have thanked me and let me leave then take a shower and gotten clean clothes from Nathan but he made me scrub his back clean. I should have scrubbed it red raw made it worth his while.

" I guess he was he was hitting on me now that I think about it but jokes on him the girl he was hitting on doesn't even exist"
"I'm sure you and Jada have your similarities",Christen pointed out.
"Yh we sort of look alike, if you'll excuse me I have an intresting paper to document"
"Chelseaaaaaa", Christen yelled after me as I left the kitchen.
......💦........💦........💦.......💦.......💦.......💦.....
The weekend past in a blur of food, homework and some girl time with Christen. Monday morning came far too fast and before I knew it I was dressed and in the processes of pulling Christen out of bed. Monday mornings were the worst concerning this particular chore it was as if Christens body forgot that it was no longer the weekend. After smacking, pulling, threatening and splashing for solid twenty minutes I finally got Christen to sit up and mumble something almost coherent.
"We both have forty minutes", I told her as she rubbed her eyes.
Once Christen eyes opened and adjusted to the fact that she was now awake she took one look at me and let out a blood curdling scream.
"What did you do?"
"Er... be specific please?"
"Why are you wearing your glasses instead of the contacts?, why is your hair tied into those pigtails?, why are you wearing that ugly pinafore with that colorless polo?, why are you trying so hard to break my fragile heart, Chelsea?"
"If it's any consolation", I pulled up the trouser of my pinafore to show off my combat boots.
"Actually that makes me feel worse now you really look like a handy man"
"Get out of that bed, Christen".
She crawled out of her covers looking miserable, "I used my membership card for you".
"And I made very good use of it I manage to write three pages of my report thank you"
"Must everything be about that damn project of yours"
"Can we discuss it in the car?"
"No because I will need all my cool to keep us from dying and I'm sure I'll lose all of it on this subject"
"Fine we'll talk about it at the hub we have thirty-two minutes left and I'm starving".
Christen huffed swearing under her breath as she matched into the bathroom.