~ Chapter 7 ~

Alter ego Iskall watched from the corner as Tango began the possessing ritual on the three newly kidnapped hermits. 

Good for him, he thought. We might actually be able to win this war and I can finally let out my other soul. Ugh, he's such a bother. Iskall had been battling to regain control over his body with no prevail.

The new hermits stood up, all of their eyes glowing red. Creepy. Eh, who am I to talk. He felt the gaze of Tango land on him, so he stepped out of the shadows.

"Time to plan," Tango said, pulling out a sheet of paper with a list of hermits and their powers. 

"More like time to win," Iskall cut in cracking his knuckles, and smiling deviously.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mumbo shuffled his feet in the mud, trying to act inconspicuous. He'd just freed himself from his other soul's clutches and was in no hurry to be controlled again.

"Thought you could escape, huh?" a voice scoffed, somewhere behind Mumbo. He turned around to see Lady Terra scowling at him, but in those short few seconds of distraction, Mumbo's alter ego took control again.

Terra laughed and walked away, after seeing his eyes turn red again. "I'd like you to meet some new recruits," she gestured towards four other hermits, all of which were struggling against the vines that bound them. "And we shall win this war, if it's the last thing I do."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grian leaned over the table, trying to figure out the best way to win this war with no deaths. His teammates were collecting weapons just in case; no one knew when the first battle would commence.

"Grian?" Xisuma called, walking out of the trading hall. "Frostbite just messaged, saying that he had some new recruits, but he might take a while to come back."

"Okay, got it," Grian replied, shaking out his hair. Since it was eleven at night and he was brainstorming ideas where the other leaders could be, Grian was starting to get sleep deprived. He crumpled up a map and threw it across the room, out of anger. Anger at the war, at everything. A crackle of fireworks went off, but he barely looked up to see Frostbite glide in followed by Dust-devil and Zombie, as well as two different hermits.

"New soldiers!" he crowed triumphantly. "Get to know them, G. I gotta go grab something from my base." And he was off again.

Ignoring their leader's instructions, the possessed hermits made their way to a dark corner, peering at Grian's group darkly.

"Hey Grian, I have some concerns," a voice behind him announced.

"Doc, we are starting a war, of course you do," Grian said turning around to face the creeper-hybrid. He was fidgeting in his pocket, which is odd; Doc is never nervous. "But go on."

"I overheard Frostbite think to himself. He said, "they have no idea what's coming. Stupid, trusting idiots," he started, lowering his voice, so Frostbite's soldiers wouldn't overhear. "I think that he has trick up his sleeve, one he doesn't want us to know about."

AAAAAAAAAA I'm SO excited! ik this chapter is short (553 words) but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who's been reading my book, it means a lot! Seriously ya'll are amazing! <3