~ Chapter 8 ~

Warning: this is a war, so there will be blood and violence. Duh

Blood. That's all Grian could see. And to think that he could've stopped it. But no one wanted peace.

-----------------------------------------flashback------------------------------------------

Grian was busy battle planning with his and Frostbite's group, when the black cloud fell over the world, like it did months ago, but this time, a voice controlled it.

"Your attempts at winning this war are futile," it said, echoing around the server. "No one has to die, if you accept me as the proper leader. I have been approached by a power beyond your imaginations. So, if you choose to deny my rule, meet at the plains, past the desert. Choose wisely."

Everyone freaked out, and almost immediately, Frostbite teleported to the field, letting the black portal ingulf him and his possessed soldiers. Grian lost control of Skyfall, who ordered his team to grab all necessities for the war. As they made their way to the chosen warzone, the voice rang out again.

"So you have chosen to fight? Suit yourselves, but I'll just tell you that you should be careful..."

∷ᔑリ↸𝙹ᒲ リᔑᒲᒷ has disabled respawn. Don't die.

And then all hell broke loose.

Tango summoned demons and the underdogs from his origin, the Nether and attacked. Lady Terra caused multiple earthquakes, shaking the earth, and downing half of Tango's demons. Frostbite and Dust-devil leapt into action, drawing their powers from nearby biomes. A sudden snowstorm here and a literal dust-devil over there. Following in pursuit, Zombie brought up her own horde of the undead to fight the demons.

Skyfall flew up and crashed into a red eyed Keralis, who's also known as Gravitron, while Scarred was combating his gravity outbursts. Illusion, the Hypno look-alike, was slowly being overpowerd by zombies, as he protected Terra. But apparently, hypnosis doesn't work on the dead.

Impulse was running circles around a familiar looking werewolf, trying to get Ren back. False and Iskall were grappling in the mud that was slowly turning red, with both swords drawn, and their super-strength evening the fight. Jevin and Beef were in a bit of a stalemate; every time Beef attempted to stab Jevin, he would go right through his jelly-like mass.

Mumbo was mumbling battle plans to Terra, same with Zedaph to Tango. Bright started glowing, attempting  to blind everyone, until Frostbite looked to his left and nodded. All of sudden, something rammed into Bright's side, knocking him off balance, but Skyfall saw this out of the corner of his eye. "Traitor!" he yelled at him, swooping down and picking up an invisible xBCrafted and throwing him off Bright. Frostbite ran over to Skyfall, creating an ice dagger and was about to stab him, when Bright finally blinded them. Knocking down his once-ally, Skyfall flew back above the battle, looking for his teammates.

Demons were still battling the zombies, Doc was dual-wielding tridents against Iskall, who ran away from False. Evil Xisuma was back to back with Scar, defending him while the wizard battled Gravitron. It was chaos. And then.

<Stressmonster101 was slain by falsesymmetry>   

The world seemed to pause for a moment, as False withdrew her sword from her victims body, singing maniacally. 

"And when their bodies dissolve, you know that False's on a killing spree!" she shouted. "Try to stop my PvP and perish painfully! Haha hahaa!" 

It took Skyfall a moment to get over False's sickly actions and Stress's death, but then he noticed that neither TFC nor Joe were at the battle field. Smart of them, he thought. But that's irrelevant. He flew down towards EX, who was now taking out zombies solo. Pulling out his sword, Skyfall helped get through the mob, trying to get to Frostbite.

The sun was starting to set, which was interrupted by a long, low howl. Skyfall glanced over and saw Haunted howl at the rising moon, and all of a sudden, several wolves obeyed and ran towards the battling hermits, ripping through zombies and demons alike. Impulse gave up on him, and was speeding through the mobs and players, chucking daggers at anything that came close to him. Two of the daggers hit Dust-devil, who hid himself in a sandstorm, grunting in pain.

Skyfall swooped over the zombies, attempting to get to Frostbite, until a sudden gravity shift lifted everything and everyone off the ground. He spun around to see Gravitron sitting in the air, and making weird hand gestures, and the gravity obeyed. Skyfall flew into him, knocking him out of his trance. Down below him, Scarred was multitasking, holding back zombies, trying to disable Illusion's hypnosis powers and stopping Gravitron's major outbursts all at the same time.

<Cubfan135 bled to death whilst trying to escape impulseSV>

Another death. All of the sand fell to the ground, harmless once again, just like the controller.

Both Mumbo and Zedaph were hiding behind the trees, seeing as both had useless powers, when it came to a war, and both were bad at PvP.
Across the field, Jevin managed to locate xB and coated him in slime, so he was visible, but was also making him hit himself.
Tango's demon army was slowly diminishing, so he drew up another rune-like portal and whistled. A  rumbling noise could be heard from the other side and a ravager stormed through, followed by at least five more. Tango hopped on the first and directed the herd towards Frostbite, trying to eliminate another contender. Zombie woke another wave of zombies to act as a barrier. They rose out of the ground and attacked on command, as Frostbite jumped on top of the ravager with Tango, and was attempting to choke him.
As they struggled, False went back to fighting Iskall, both of whom were looking a bit worse for wear. Iskall's sweater was torn and had a scar in his side, while False was visibly limping and appeared to have hit her head, which had dried blood dripping down it.
Bright and Scar were devising a plan to stop the war, Skyfall and EX were trying to take down Haunted and his pack, while Zombie tried to jump on top of one of the ravagers as well but stopping as it promptly knocked her off.

<xBCrafted was slain by impulseSV>
<iJevin was slain by impulseSV>

"No!" Impulse hadn't meant to kill Jevin, but he was still surrounding xB when he stabbed them.

"Had enough fighting?" the voice rang out again. "How amusing though. And you don't even know who I am? Tsk tsk," it mused. "Well, I will enjoy watching you, the seventeen remaining survivors, try to figure this out. Good luck."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The voice stops. I look out over the plateau we just laid waste to. There were hundreds of zombie corpses, a ravager here and there and the blood the my friends have bled. I sigh. Blood. That's all you can see. And to think that I could've stopped it. But no one wanted peace...

Welp. That took too long. My computer shut down multiple times (rip) sooo...
Anyways... 1149 words. I'm beat. But seriously thanks for reading!