~ Chapter 10 ~

Grian woke up the next day, feeling relatively well rested, considering the murder island they were stuck on. He blinked groggily, trying to remember why he was one a couch. He sat up quickly, throwing up in his mouth a bit, as he thought about Doc and-
He growled at himself, trying to disrupt that train of thought.

"Morning sleepy head," Mumbo said, smiling and looking up from his book.

"Did I actually fall asleep here? On the couch?" he asked, looking at a clock. Ten.

"Yep," Iskall jumped in, smirking at him and Mumbo? Wait, why? He doesn't know, does he - I should've just gone to bed- his thoughts were disrupted by heavy footsteps thudding down the stairs.

"Wha-" Grian started, staring after Etho, False and Cleo stormed out of the mansion.

"Oh yeah, while you were asleep, Tango and Etho got into an argument, so I guess now they're leaving," Mumbo explained looking at them trudge through the rain and mud, mostly likely going to get resources.

"Huh. I'll be right back," Grian said, getting up and walking around the mansion, looking for the other hermits.

"H-hey guys," he said, as he approached a group that were chilling in the kitchen. Impulse gave him a reassuring smile, but both Tango and Zedaph frowned at him. "I just wanted to ask, who do you think it is?"

"We haven't seen enough evidence, have we?" Zedaph pointed out darkly.

"I don't know, but Beef seemed kinda violent, to me. Or Etho. But it really doesn't matter, because we're all going to die here," Tango said, still scowling.

"Okaaay then," Grian replied, backing away when Impulse just shrugged. He continued to look around the mansion, looking for everyone else, until he saw Xisuma and Ren talking outside.
Tugging his sweater tighter around himself, Grian made his way to the back of the mansion, where they were sitting under a tree.

"Hey guys," he said, making his presence known. "I have a question for you-"

"Shoot," another voice came. Startled, Grian looked around and saw Bdubs sitting up on a branch in the tree.

Oh, um, okay, I just wanted to ask if you guys had any theories. On who the murderer is."

The trio looked at each other, until Ren spoke up. "Beef? Maybe? I mean, like, I really don't know."

"I don't like to point fingers, but Scar has the most powerful power," X mumbled.

"I have no idea," Bdubs said, looking down at them. "Sorry. But hey, what are your thoughts?"

"I don't know either," Grian replied, weighing possibilities. Trying and failing to locate the remaining hermits, he returned to Iskall and Mumbo.

"Any luck on saving us, oh great detective?" Iskall mocked, putting down his sword.

"Ha ha, no," Grian replied, plopping himself down next to Mumbo, who was still reading. "Have you guys seen-" he stopped mid-sentence by the almost inaudible sound of an explosion.

"Grian? You trailed off-"

"Shh, I thought I heard-"

X suddenly burst into the house and called all of the hermits to come. And apparently everyone else was hiding somewhere upstairs. Following X South of the mansion, there was a giant crater in the ground. In the centre of it were torn pieces of fabric, strips of wood and blo-
Grian looked away, not trusting his eyes. Who would do this? There's no consistency or anything. He sighed and started to make his way back to the house when he felt a hand on his shoulder stop him.
"Wait," Mumbo said, pointing at X, who was trying to get everyone's attention.

"Well? Who can vouch for who?" he asked everyone, frowning.

"Well, uh, me, Ren and X were outside, talking," Bdubs offered.

"Same with us; we were in the kitchen," Impulse said, gesturing to Tango and Zed. "Grian?"

"Oh, uh, I was with Mumbo and Iskall, but I can back up Bdubs and Impulse; I talked with them earlier."

"I think Beef's being awfully quiet," Iskall muttered to Mumbo, just loud enough for him to hear.

"Hey, I was with Hypno and Keralis, and I saw Scar up in the attic," he defended. "We aren't getting anywhere with this. Whoever did this, just killed all of Etho's team."

"Wait, what? Scar why were you in the attic?" Zedaph asked, suspiciously.

"I was exploring around the mansion and I found a trapdoor, went through it and tried to practice some spells, but for some reason, my magic's not working," he said, frowning at his hands, as though he could guilt them into working.

No body trusted anyone. Keeping their distance, the hermits made their way back to mansion, as the sun was setting. Grian flopped onto his bed, letting his thoughts consume him.
I could leave. I could just fly off. But of course I'm a stubborn, but good friend.

Another death. A couple actually. *sighhhhhhh* either way 800 words