Good and Gone

The unfamiliar shrill of a phone awakens me and my head begins to pound to the legendary tune of we will rock you. The arm I had left unnoticed was tightening around my waste bringing me closer to my unknown captor. Feeling my mate behind me I relaxed back into his arms, reaching over him I turned off the phone, sending it to voicemail. The sleep left in my eyes cleared and I shuttered at the realization I was indeed in an unknown room, in bed wearing nothing but the white bed sheet we shared. The sun was just rising and I was soothed by the idea of spending more time in bed

The deep breaths behind me deepened back into soft snores and I took the opportunity to turn myself towards my mate. I took him in, letting my fingertips brush along his face around his dark eyelashes, across his freckled cheeks to his lengthy brown curls that sat across the top of his head. A small smile took over his mouth and my wolf yipped with giddiness at the sight of our mates response to us. I was reminded of some of the events of the prior night, my mind was still foggy but I was glad to find myself here with my mate. I felt my neck for a mark but was happy when I was unable to find one, although we didn't follow the normal tradition of the mating process, my cheeks warmed at the reminder of what we had shared the evening prior. I was hopeful that he wanted the opportunity to get to know each other first before we went forward with marking each other as mates. Tucking my head into the crook of his neck, I vast in his smell and let myself fall back to sleep in the comfort of my mates arms. 

The bed was cold when I woke up again, looking out the window I saw that the suns rays were just able to reach our bed, it must not have been past 9. I rolled over with outstretched arms looking for my mate but found nothing but the canvas of empty sheets. I shot up when I heard the yelling in the hallway, my wolf subconsciously recognizing our mates voice. I slink out of bed and pull on the closest clothes I can find, a pair of black spandex and what must have been a sweater of my mates. The yelling quiets for a second and I freeze before moving a second later when it starts up again. I find myself nearing the door when I hear my mates voice, "she's just some girl, there's nothing to worry about! I didn't mean anything by it, I just had too much to drink!". My wolf shrunk back in my mind, surprised to hear of our mates words. 

I opened the door to see my mate standing just in front of me with nothing but a pair of sweats on, I didn't have a chance to take him all in before my eyes met the beautiful red head that stood at the top of the stairs. Confused I ran my eyes between the two, the beautiful girl had streaks of tears down her face and I couldn't help but feel bad for the girl. Her mouth closed firmly when she saw me, turning her glare back towards my mate. "It's me or her, and if you choose her you will never see me again" she seethed at him before charging down the stairs. He moved towards the stairs but stopped him once he felt my warmth as I held his arm, I needed his full attention, I needed answers. His eyes turned black as I saw his wolf rise to the surface but I saw him gain back control as his eyes normalized back into their current blue. "Last night never happened" he seethed between his teeth " I am going to get back Lydia". 

He was just about to descend the stairs when I was able to catch his eyes with mine. "Can we talk about this?" 

My wolf felt hopeful as he made his way back towards me, he took my hand in his and I felt his wolf nearing the surface but he kept control. "I,  Xavier of the Blue Crown Pack reject you Scarlette as my mate" his voice said calmly and collectively. 

I stood still, unable to even comprehend what he had just said until I heard him reach the bottom of the stairs. I called his name but he was gone. My eyes clouded with tears and I rushed back into his room to get my belongings from the night before. My wolf let out a single howl of pain at the back of my mind before she went silent. 

I rushed through the house looking for an escape, I didn't want to have any run-ins with pack members so I locked down my scent. Only when I saw my sister and Jax leaning on the back of the trunk did I pull myself together, putting on a mask I gave them a high grin, I tossed my bag into the back of the truck. "Why good morning sunshine" Jax sang at me. "Did you have a good time? The warriors said you never returned to your room last night..."