Blood - The Middle East

As I had guessed it wasn't long till people came by the house to say hi and get a glimpse at my little boy. He took no attention to it, instead focusing on playing with Maverick and trying to help Linds with the twins. I was warmed by how much he enjoyed being in my old pack, bonding so well with all the members. I was able to get the twins to bed shortly after lunch, turning on a movie for the boys who had fallen sleepy after playing in the snow all morning. I turned off the credits just as Linds and Jax walked into the house hand in hand.

"Your turn", she smirked. I shook my head about to open my mouth, "shopping can wait a couple hours, the kids aren't ready yet. Go for a run."

"Yeah Scarlette" Jax mocked at a high pitch. I swiped in the arm but didn't fight as I ran right through the open door. Shifting into my wolf after I had made only a few steps in the snow. I let her completely take over, something that I found myself doing less and less of the past few months. The cold air pinched my lungs but I felt nothing but relief letting my body soak it all in. I ran the path I used to follow everyday. Up the mountain, I was surprised that the change in elevation had not tired me as plentifully as I thought it would. As I reached the peak I shifted. I needed to be in human form, a moment to myself, a moment that I realized I had not been able to have in such a long time. I was always too stressed of who was around, who may be watching, who I could trust enough to watch out for Mason. My sister and Jax were indefinitely that.

I took in a minute more before letting her take control, we hurdled off road down the mountain and I was sure I had smelt something off when I reached its base. Rather than overthinking it, I made my way back to the house to change and get through the rest of the day. I felt as though I could get used to this, maybe moving back here wouldn't be such a bad idea. Something I decided then to start reconsidering.

"Can we go watch a movie instead," Maverick asked tugging on Lindsay's arm. "This is really not fun" he had told us for what must have been the upteenth time.

I looked down at Mase as he held one hand on the stroller, patrolling everything that was going on around us. I was unsure if he could even hear the complaints of his bored cousin behind us. There was a lot going on, old and new pack members of the Blue Dusk territory often approached to talk to their female Beta, wanting to check in on her and the two newbies that I pushed along in front of me. Mason was on guard every minute, you could tell he was growing just as protective to my sister and her young family.

The stubborn stern look he held off his face when we reached a children's store, filled with random gadgets and toys that even I had wanted to check out. "Look there Mama, take us in there. Look at all those nice cars" before I could even turn the stroller he had begun redirecting us in that direction.

Maverick shrilled in similar excitement running up beside Mason to get a closer look without getting too far ahead of us. As we entered the store they looked at the two of us before letting loose, "get looking boys" Linds laughed, Mason looked at me and with a wink the boys sprinted out of view together. We stood at the front entrance only able to track them due to the yelling that was received as they found new and more exciting things closer to the back of the store.

"Are you okay if I run to a couple stores while the boys are distracted, I need to go pick up a few things." Linds nodded, cooing to her now wakening daughters. "I won't be too long" I rushed, swinging my bag across my shoulder as if the change would help me move faster.

I proceeded, wrapping carefully through the maze of stores. Visiting only the stores I had planned to, getting in and out quickly. I hadn't wanted to waste any extra time, especially since I had just left Linds alone with 4 kids under 4. I Although I fought temptation I walked into the small windowed bakery that we had walked by numerous times throughout the day. Convincing myself that a couple extra minutes wouldn't do any harm.