Suffer with Me - líue

I let out another huff as my body tried to succumb to constant abuse, the screams that I had allowed to rip through my throat were lost in what must have been in the early morning. As soon as I regained enough strength I allowed my pain to be heard aloud. Not so that someone would hear me and help me out of pity but so I could feel something, anything.

No new prisoners have joined us in this imprisonment. But many have died, nearly all of them, dropping like fleas, falling to the hands of weak men with strong fists. They didn't start getting reactions from me until then, until they would get bored of my quiet antics and move on to those who responded in complete compliance, bloody screams of bloody murder. Now, if I respond enough I can cut down on the loss of life that we have left.

Connor hadn't returned in person, instead corresponding only through sickly love letters, refusing to see me despite my best efforts. We had been moved every few months, that was the only time we had been allowed to go above ground. 10 minutes, that was the processing time we had between basement and loading the van... and with the 10 minutes I had proved it was far too long.

We have been here long enough that the seasons have changed, the leaves stick sickly sweet to the ground due to the destruction of frost. I had waited patiently, planned my moves to an exact,  an opportunity to get Mase and I out, to escape. I planned for the first snow fall and sure enough the day the snow stuck I made my move.

I had learned through observation overtime that they never risked me seeing Mason but one day they did. As always he had been last to leave and the first to get out, his temperaments at this age were bad, young and in need of guidance with controlling his inner wolf is priority but he's not just any pup, he's mine. With the blood of an alpha and the curation of my stubbornness following behind, they were not able to control him nor should they ever be able to. His dark curls had been unevenly cut, so short that the ball cap lowered over his  piercing eyes could mistake him for any other little boy. Which meant they had been taking him out to the real world, and were willing to risk a little but not enough to let him out free. Which narrowed down our location, wherever we were people were looking and they would be able to tell who he was if he was seen in public, we were still somewhere central, despite the transition from full coniferous woods to bare deciduous.

I created a distraction that day, and I was punished. Allowing me to create the layover time, in which as predicted wasn't communicated throughout the task force. His eyes were hooked to me the minute he had smelt me, his eyes did a once over and I saw his wolf begin to lose it but he didn't let it, instead choosing to hold my gaze. He had grown a lot more than I was able to comprehend and despite not being sickly or thin the sunkennes behind his eyes, the fear he was able to share with me was enough for me to lose it. Completely.

For the first time in months my body pushed to shift and I did. No one had been prepared or expected my outburst and their shock allowed me to do what I needed to do. I snarled at the men, egging them on to shift as predicted, they did. I let a lasting look to Mason, despite being so young he knew and with hesitation he slipped away, running. I felt my body tremor but pushed through, allowing the full animal in me to take its course. I destroyed the camp, as I did so similarly with many of the men, they had underestimated what I had left to push through with and this was it. I had fought well, killing more than enough time for Mase to get ahead, I had almost considered my get away sequentially but that's when Connor arrived. He was bulkier then the last time I had seen him and when shifted, I knew I didn't stand a chance but I fed into it. Played the game and I played it right, fighting for just a long enough time to allow him to feel like he had control before striking his neck, tearing down the length of the shoulder. With a grin, on my face the rest of the pack took me down and blew a finalizing blow to my head deeming me unconscious.

From what I gather from the whispers, Mason as expected had become untraceable, it had become far too late to track an unfamiliar scent when they realized he was gone. The guards had become more brutal in the coming weeks, trying to express their physical dominance more than ever, to tear us down from the peg we had reached in that outbreak. However, anything they did couldn't take away from what I gained that day and they know it. Mason was safe and they couldn't do anything about it.

"Oh my dear Scarlette, what have you done my dear?" a voice sickly coiled into my ear. Arms wrapped around me and the distinguished smell of Connor filled my nostrils, my body shivered in destain. His grip around me tightened uncomfortably, "open your eyes, I know your awake" he commanded digging his nails into my flesh. My eyes opened quickly in response to the pain and I held back a hiss as he left his nails lingering in my skin.

"What do you want Connor?" I spat out at his face. Instead he brought me in closer to him, his nails drawing blood, "Connor" I finally pained out, in fear he would further puncture another lung and with a smile, he lessened his grip.

"You know that you have done something very bad, don't you Scarlette" he sang to me, as we approached the stairs going up the cellar.

"Where- where are we going?" I harshly whispered out as we passed out the door into the cold air. It was dark out and the shadow of snow blanketed the noise of the woods, it was eerily quiet, no one else was around, not a single person, it was just the two of us. "Where." I gritted out once again, fear leaking out of my voice at the end.

He pointed my chin to meet his eyes, "you scared off our son, did you know that? Where could he have gone Scarlette? Who could he have run off too? -".

"He is not your son." I ripped at him, pulling my cheeks in to bite on.

"Have you learned nothing," he strung his fingers down my face to my throat, grasping uncomfortably tight. "Do not test me," his eyes wandered across my face as if memorizing it, I think I might be sick. "Mason, wouldn't respond to me during your stay. Not like he used to. He was too wrapped up in the idea of those men you had been whoring around with."

"I am no ones whore", I gritted in response.

"But mine" he growled back, his canines exposed brushing down my face and I tried to sink into myself, to sink away. He continued despite my reaction, "I think this will be good for us, a break from kids so that we can just focus on the two of us. To be proper mates without the distraction, what a dream." He exclaimed longingly but the words were directed aloud towards himself more than anything else.

Connor stopped, looking down at me, veiling out my look of disgust. I was suddenly thrown into the back of a car and pinned down, my arms and legs held out of my control. I struggled against him but the content on his face drew me to a freeze. "It's just the two of us now, Scarlette. It will just have to be the two of us for now." he shoved something wet into my mouth but my fight was gone and I allowed my body to inhale the sedation. "Soon enough Scarlette, we will have our own". His weight lifted off me and I fell into a pool of unconsciousness.

---

A short one but something to get us back to it. Hoping to update alot more often in the coming weeks. Thank you for all the support through the votes and comments, it means more than you think.

Cheers