ZÉRO

"Hey, you're back," a soft European accent says from the kitchen.

Elijah walks up behind Benji and puts his head on the younger vampire's shoulder, "What are you working on?"

The kitchen island was covered in papers and notebooks.

"Well, these are this month's paychecks for La Chambre Bleue, and that is homework, " Benji says, pointing to the big stack of untouched textbooks sitting on the counter. "Actually, would you be a darling and sign these for us?"

"Hmm, and what do I get for helping you?" Elijah teases while slowly kissing Benji's neck, slight mischief in his voice.

"Well, you would be a sweet and caring husband, and I would love you forever." A big smile lights up Benji's face as he turns around and tilts his head up to kiss the Original.

Benjamin lets out a laugh when Elijah flashes him up onto the counter, standing between his legs. Benji's hands tangle in his hair, the kiss growing more profound with every second. He reaches out to push his husband's suit jacket over his shoulder, but his phone's blaring stops him. Huffing, he reaches into his pocket to fish out the device while Elijah moves onto his neck.

"D'Angennes Incorporated, how may I help you?"

"Something is happening in North-Carolina. There's been ruckus going on in Mystic Falls, Virginia. And now a certain Trevor and Rose-Marie are looking for a way to reach out to Elijah."

Silence drowns the apartment as the pair look at each other—Benji's hand resting on Elijah's chest.

"Thank you, Jane." Benji puts the phone on the counter next to him.

"Why do I have a feeling our second honeymoon just ended?"