DEUX

Benjamin had always loved kids as he had always loved culture. It was one of the many things he had gotten from his mother. Catherine de Vivonne had been a truly remarkable woman. And as a son of the grande socialite and gatherer of knowledge, Benjamin had grown up surrounded by poets, writers, actors, and lettermen of 17th century France.

That was probably one of the main reasons he had become a teacher time and time again. He had taught everything, but when school started lasting longer and encompassing more subjects, he moved to specialize in humanitarian subjects, especially languages and music.

So even though he and Elijah had decided to keep his involvement to the minimum. That didn't mean Benji didn't know what was going on in the small town of Mystic Falls.

He was officially the newest teacher at Mystic Falls Highschool after Ms Peck left due to a little compelling, leaving the school without an English teacher.

That is where Ben Savalli came in. He was new to town, just having moved there to be with his new wife. He had been in the talks to become the school's new French teacher for next year. But when Ms Peck left, he happily took her place for the last month of school.

And he had to admit. The kids were growing on him. Alaric wasn't half bad either. He was fun and welcoming. And with vamp hearing, plus a few compelled townies and the Martins, it was easy to stay in the loop. He kept an eye on the werewolf situation and was trying his best to keep out of it. But it was getting harder and harder. He had a rule about kids.

When Elijah called to inform him that the dinner party had turned into a dagger party, he was flabbergasted. He must have missed something, and Klaus was closer than they had thought because there was no way he would have ever let any of the daggers out of his sight.

When Elijah didn't come home that night, he knew what had happened. They had underestimated the protect Elena squad. They were dangerous, and as long as it wasn't one of their own, they had no problem killing.

He couldn't stay hands-off any longer.