CINQ

Elijah had Elena drive to a house on the edge of town. It looked old but very well maintained. It had four columns in the front and a garden in the back. As she opens her car door, she sees the front door open, and someone sped at them. Their curly hair was the only thing she could make out.

Benjamin runs to Elijah the second he sees him, throwing his arms around his shoulders. In contrast, the other's arms come to rest around his waist. They both cling to each other tightly. His hands move to Elijah's face, and he pulls him in for a searing kiss, Elijah's hands tightening on his hips.

"If you ever do that to me again, I'm going to kill you." He breathes out, their foreheads touching. He tries to breathe in his usual Eau de Cologne scent, but all he can smell is burnt fabric.

Elijah smiles. "Would you look after our guest while I go change?" Benji now notices Elena leaning against her silver SUV, looking at them, confused and a bit uncomfortable.

"You better, I'm not letting you near our furniture, in a state like that." They kiss once more, and then Elijah lets go of him.

"Would you look after this, please?" Elijah pulls a phone from his burnt-up suit and hands it to his husband. Benji can only assume it's Elena's and pockets it into his beige dress pants.

The Original turns to Elena, "If you'll excuse me, I'll be back in a moment. Benjamin will show you around." And he disappears into the house.

"Mr Savalli?" Elena asks, confusion lacing her words.

He gives her a welcoming smile. "My grandmother's name, Benjamin d'Angennes, is what I go by most often. But please, call me Benji. You don't have to be scared. We don't mean you any harm."

"Why were you my English teacher?"

"I needed to keep an eye on you all. Also, I still am your English teacher." He says, walking towards the house, holding the door open. "Well, come on in."

They make their way to the kitchen. Elena sits at the kitchen island. "Coffee?" Benji asks, pouring two cups, one of which he hands to the teenager.

"Yeah, sure." He then pulls out pancake batter from the fridge and starts making food while Elena sits quietly watching him.

"What do you want on top?" He asks.

"Oh, I'm not hungry."

Benjamin's eyebrow raises in question. "It's not poisoned, you know, and I'm nothing if not a courteous host." He puts the first pancake on a plate and moves to make another one.

"Also, Elijah's not a big fan of human food anymore, so I'm using you as an excuse to use the kitchen." He jokes, trying to put her at ease.

It was too pretty of a kitchen, just to be left unused. It had creamy white walls with light countertops with intricate carvings all around the furniture. "So, chocolate banana sounds good?"

"Yeah, sure." She says, fiddling with the hem of her coffee mug. "So, how do you and Elijah know each other?"

"We've been married for about 378 years?" Ben answers her.

"Oh." She gulps coffee. "And do you want to kill Klaus too?"

Benji finishes the second pancake and starts chopping up bananas. "I want to live a happy life with my husband, and I can't do that with Klaus is in the way. Whipped cream?"

"Uhh, no, thank you," she answers.

"There you go," Benji says and places a plate with chocolate drizzled banana pancakes in front of her. "Eat up. He'll be back soon, and I assume you two have quite a bit to talk about."