SEPT

"Tonight is the full moon. Klaus is going to break the curse tonight," Benjamin says, sitting on one of the big leather armchairs in the Salvatore boarding house.

"Elena said that the sun and the moon curse is fake. That it's actually a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan says, sitting across from Benjamin with Elena by his side.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting." Elijah explains from beside his partner. "But if he breaks it, he'll become a true hybrid."

Benjamin hears a pair of feet swagger into the room.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon Salvatore. Please do something stupid, Benji's mind practically begs. "We can kill him today. With Bonnie." Damon says to Elena.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying," the doppelganger answers him.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon jokes.

"That is not an option," Benji says firmly.

"And who the hell are you?" Damon asks, looking at the curly-haired man sitting on one of his chairs.

"Benjamin D'Angennes." Benji answers but doesn't move to shake the other's hand or stand up from the chair he was lounging on. He was polite. Just not to imbeciles who hurt the ones he cares about. "I'm with Elijah."

"Great. Now we're inviting his minions in also."

Stefan interjects. "All right, how do we break this curse."

"The ritual itself is straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah says.

"The moonstone," Stefan remembers.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone." Elijah continues calmly. "After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asks.

"The final part of the ritual. Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger to the point of death."

"And that's when these come in," Benji says, opening the wooden box he had pulled from his messenger bag. In it were three glass bottles. The one in the middle slightly bigger than the other two and green, while the others were colourless. "You do need to die during the ritual. I'm sorry, that part can't be stopped. But each one of these will make sure you come back to life. And hey, you can't be triple brought back, so better safe than sorry."

Damon interjects, obviously displeased. "That's your plan—some magical mystery potions?" looking at the younger suit-clad vampire. "You wanna come back to life? What about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. A doppelganger is a supernatural occurrence. Odds are the ring won't work." The Original said.

"I'll take those odds over those potions. What if it doesn't work, Elena."

"Then I guess I'll just be dead." She answers Damon's question.

"It won't come to that," Benjamin says quickly. "And if by some unfathomable reason you being a doppelganger stops all three of the potions, I have a spell that can bring you back. She'll be safe." Benji says, turning to his least favourite Salvatore, who then shakes his head and walks out of the room.

Elena sighs and runs her hands down to her knees. "Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?"

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight. He will." Elijah's hand comes to rest on his other half's shoulder.