TREIZE

"Get home safe," Matt tells Elena as they part their ways in front of the hospital.

"Thanks," she says sincerely. She was grateful he was there with her today when they found Alaric, who was now checked into the hospital. She couldn't lose any more family.

She gets in her car and waves at Matt as he pulls out of the parking lot. As she starts driving away herself, she feels the car bump into something. Had she ran into someone?

"What?" she breathes out, confused and jumps out of the car to see what had happened. When she sees that there is no one behind the car, her stomach fills with dread. She looks around.

"Drive much?" The blond vampire's condescending tone echoes across the empty parking lot.

"Rebekah," Elena tries to talk to her. She's sure she could hear the panic in her voice, but before she could continue, the Original has her pinned to her car. Hands around her throat, cutting off her circulation.

"Suprised? You drove a dagger through my back, Elena. It hurt." Rebekah seethed out as Elena kept struggling in her grip. She could see her face vamp out, and the human let out a terrified scream. But before the vampire's teeth could touch her neck, she has pulled off her.

She can feel an arm around her, and she looks up in alarm. Benjamin's soft curls greet her as he checks her neck. She can't help but feel relieved seeing the vampire.

"Elijah," Rebekah's voice was accusing. Elena then notices that Elijah saved her, and he currently had his sister in the same position she had just been in, pinned to the car.

"Leave." He demands and releases the blond Original's neck. Rebekah's spine lengthens as she stares at her brother.

"You're pathetic." She tells him. She then looks at Elena and Benjamin, making eye contact with both. "All of you," and speeds off.

Benjamin releases Elena from his hold, and his husband said, "Well. I believe we have a little catching up to do."

They ended up driving with her back to her house. Elijah was in the passenger seat, entranced in a conversation with Elena, while Benji was in the back sending text message after message. When Esther had said that she would throw a ball, he automatically volunteered to help her. Knowing he would be doing all of the organizing since she had been dead for a thousand years.

He was half-listening to their conversation, half finding a suitable tailor to fix the Mikaelson's up on such short notice. But luckily, Benjamin was a marvellous multitasker, so this wasn't a problem.

Once they pull up at the Gilbert residence, they walk Elena to the door, and Elijah bids her goodnight. Before she can disappear into the house, Benjamin stops her.

"Elena," Elena looks back at him, Elijah's standing a little further back, giving them some privacy.

"You've made some bad decisions. I understand your anger towards Klaus, which is completely justified. And I am so sorry for all the grief we've caused your family, but this revenge business must stop."

Elena's face shows disagreement.

"I am not asking you to forgive Klaus. He's killed your aunt and has caused everyone in this town tremendous pain. I'm just asking you and the Salvatores to stop this warpath you're on. We are not a threat to you or anyone in this town. Your actions will only bring about more pain and heartbreak. And you deserve to live a full and wonderful life. Not to be stuck in a constant warzone." Benji's voice was serene.

Elena nods quietly at him.

"But let's make one thing clear." His hazel eyes stare into her brown ones. "If you or your friends ever do anything like what you did to Rebekah. Or do anything that will hurt any of my family. I will not continue to be as kind." His voice didn't carry a threat or a promise. It was an explanation.