UN

"Hey, so what's going on?" Benji says into the phone while running towards his University building. The red-tinted houses still left from the Renaissance lining the street he was on.

"There have been some interesting developments." Elijah's voice echoes from the phone.

"Wanna elaborate, darling?" Benji teases.

"There is a new doppelganger."

Benji comes to an abrupt stop, "What? How? I thought you looked into it. Klaus wiped the Petrova bloodline out."

"I thought so too, but I saw her with my own eyes. Trevor and Rose wanted to trade her for their freedom." Elijah continues.

"So, where is she now?"

"She has returned to Mystic Falls," Elijah informs him.

"Wait, you're going to let her stay there?"

"I wasn't planning on it originally, but the lovely Elena has two protective vampires guarding her, along with a witch. They've already demonstrated their willingness to protect her by stabbing a coatrack through my heart. It will be safer to keep the girl here."

"A coat rack? That's new," Benji muses, "give me a few days. I've got to pack up here." He says, answering the unsaid question.

"I'm sorry, darling, I know how much you love Amsterdam." Elijah apologizes sincerely.

"I knew we were living on borrowed time. It's was only a matter of time until Always and Forever came knocking again."

🔷🔹————————🔹🔷

It took Benjamin longer than he had hoped to wrap everything up. He had to compel the University of Amsterdam to give him his Language, Literature, and Education diploma early. He'd hired help to pack up their townhouse, but most of the time was spent going over the paperwork at La Chambre Bleue.

The cosy bookshop that doubled as a cafe/bar in downtown Amsterdam had quickly become the city's supernatural hub after Benji opened it eight years ago. So he needed to be sure the next owner would take good care of his baby.

But after four days, he was once again returning States. After a quick stop at a blood bank, he heads over to their new house. It was one of the countless properties Benji had acquired or bought over the centuries. The gorgeous brick building was one of the older homes in town with ionic columns in the front and a big garden in the back. It made the remodelled house a perfect mixture of old and new.

With Elijah nowhere to be found, Benji got to work unpacking. Soon their new closet was filled with clothes. Elijah's side was mostly dark-coloured suits, while Benjamin's side was more colourful. But there were also a lot of suits mixed in between the designer items and cosy jumpers.

Benji was in the kitchen when he heard the door open. "Welcome home, honey. How was work?" a sly smile is on Benji's face as he walks out to greet him.

Elijah smiles and kisses his husband on the cheek. "I see you've made yourself comfortable."

"Well, I assumed if we're going to be staying awhile, might as well unpack," Benji said, moving to the living room and placing the two wine glasses of B positive on the coffee table. Elijah joins him on the sofa, and the curly-haired vampire throws his legs over the Original's lap and picks up his glass. The light from the fireplace was illuminating the room in a pleasant and soft glow.

"So, why don't you tell me everything that's going on?"