Nightmares

Charlie was almost fully asleep when she heard knocking on her bedroom door. She sat up in bed a little startled from the sudden noise. Since she was almsot asleep she was a little dazed. Like when you wake up and for the first few seconds your awake you can't understand anything.

"Who's there?" The princess asked with a yawn as she rubbed her eye.

Vaggie opened the door and stood in the door way, with her arms crossed holding a stuffed animal. She wore a scowl on her pretty face.

Charlie smiled at her crush "Hey Vaggie, what are you doing up? It's  almost-" Charlie glanced at her clock and then back at Vaggie. "3 am."

Vaggie got flustered and mumbled. "Ihadanightmare" Charlie raised an eyebrow. "You what?" The blonde asked.

Vaggie blushed and blurted out "I had a nightmare. Can I stay with you tonight?" The moth demon asked.

Charlie smiled at her and giggled. "Of course Vaggs." The tall thin demon pulled back some of the blanket to make room for Vaggie.

The smaller demon closed the door behind her and walked over to the bed.

She noticed that Charlie had light up stickers on her roof and a unciorn shaped nightlight beside her bed.

Being a moth demon her pupils dialeted as she walked over to the glowing object. She stared at it for a few minutes while mumbling "Lamp lamp lamp lamp."

Charlie laughed awkwardly. "Yep... That's a lamp alright." She then rembered that Vaggie was a moth demon and would he drawn to light. She giggled at how adorable Vaggatha was being.

She let her have a few minutes more of looking at the light. Then she decided to turn it off, otherwise Vaggie would be there all night.

"Lamp?" Vaggie asked in a confused and sad tone. The room would be completely dark if it wasn't for the glow in the dark stickers on the ceeling.

Vaggie's eyes were drawn to them. "LAMP" The moth demon said loudly as she crawled onto the bed. Charlie realised what was about to happen. "Vaggie nO-"

But it was too late. Vaggie jumped up and hit her head on the ceeling. She fell onto the bed again. Luckily unharmed but a little confused.

"What happened?" Vaggie asked dazed. Charlie placed a hand on her shoulder "You hit your head on the ceeling while you were trying to get to the glowy lights."

Vaggie realising what she did, face palmed herself. Great she just embarrassed herself in front of her crush. "Well that was stupid of me." she sighed out.

"No no, it was cute." Charlie giggled. Vaggie blushed with a smile. "Seriously, are you ok though?" Charlie asked a little worried.

"Yeah I'm fine." Vaggie smiled snuggling down into the blankets.

Charlie moved closer to Vaggie and spooned her back. The smaller demon tensed up at first in shock. But when she felt Charlie nuzzle her hair she
melted and relaxed.

"Goodnight Charlie." Vaggie nuzzled her stuffed animal. "Sleep well Vaggie." Charlie whispered as she cuddled closer to Vaggie.