The Arguement

Your POV

My jaw dropped. What? Jack laughed a little, but it was one of those laughs that said 'you better take that back before you regret it.' "Youse stealin' one of me Newsies Spot? Dats real low." Jack said lowly. I didn't like where this was going. "It's for her own good." "How do you knows what's good foi' her, youse don't even know 'er."

"I knows that it seems no matter how hard she tries she neva seems good enough foi ya." My eyes widened, and I looked down ashamed. Is it that obvious? "All she does is get in Newsies in trouble, are youse sure youse wanna takes her?" Jack asked, I could hear the smirk on his face. "Believe me Jacky Boy, Ise neva back down from a challenge."

"Besides, Ise don't believe she causes dah Newsies trouble. I thinks that you thinks she causes trouble because youse don't like haften tah take care of her." I look up as Spot finishes and I see Spot poking Jack's chest. Jack looks over at me, it's the hardest glares he's given me. As if saying 'If you don't come back with me, you're going to regret it.' I averted my gaze to my hat which was on the ground. I go over and pick it up.

I slowly tuck my hair back into my hat, and go to walk back to Jack's side. Soon a cane sticks out in front of me. I look down at it then look at Spot. Spot turns to me with a smirk. "Weren't youse listenin' Jaguar? Youse my Newsie now. Youse don't gotta be scared of Jacky Boy any more." Jack's glare soon shifted back to Spot. "She's me sista youse can't just—"

Spot's head snapped back to Jack, with his own glare. "If youse really wanted her, youse wouldn't have treated her like youse have!" Spot shouted at Jack. Jack steps back a little, shocked by Spot's out burst. My eyes widen, also surprised by this. "We're getting off topic 'ere. The strike, you in or not?"

Spot backs up a little shaking his head, I back up with him, his cane still block my way, though I could go around it. "How do I know you punks won't run the first time some goon comes at ya with a club? How do I know you got what it takes to win?" "Because I'm tellin' you, Spot." Jack says, almost like he's out of breath.

What in the world is happening?

Spot starts to walk a little ways from Jack, his cane lowering, but I don't move. "That ain't good enough Jacky-boy." Spot turns back to Jack. "You gotta show me." They stare at each other for a while before Jack, Davey and Boots start to head back. Jack then turns around. "Youse comin' Jaguar?" I go to walk forward, but once again, I'm stopped by a cane.

"I already told you Jacky Boy. She's mine now." I watch as Jack's jaw tightened. He sends a glare at me. This is my fault. I look down. I hear Jack's footsteps walk away. Soon Spot lowers his cane. I keep my gaze on the ground. I feel his eyes on me. "Follow me." I follow my gaze only leaving the ground enough to keep me from running into something.

Davey's POV

Jack was angry, but I was a little confused as to why. He never seemed to care about her before, so why now? We get back to the other Newsies. "Where's Jaguar?" Race asked. "Who's Jaguar?" Jack responded. My eyes narrowed. So that's how it's going to be huh Jack. Race looked at me and I shake my head. I'll explain later.

"So, where's Spot?" "He was concerned about us being serious. You imagine that?" I watch as the other Newsies seem to have the same thought. "Well, Jack, maybe we ought to ease off a little.
Without Spot and the others, there ain't enough of us, Jack." "Maybe we're moving too soon. Maybe we ain't ready, you know?"

"I definitely think we should forget about it for a little while." "Oh, do ya?" "Yeah." "Yeah, I mean, without Brooklyn... you know?" Jack got more upset. "Spot was right, is this just a game to you guys?"

I stepped away from the group a little.

Open the gates and seize the day
Don't be afraid and don't delay
Nothing can break us No one can make us
Give our rights away
Arise and seize the day!

Jack smiles at me a little, I guess it was working? I looked around and it seemed the Newsies has a new sense of determination to actually win this thing.

Neighbor to neighbor
Father to son
One for all and all for one!

I smiled as the Newsies actually seemed ready for this. Soon the circulation bell rang.

"Anybody hear that?" Jack asked. "No!" The Newsies responded. "So what are we gonna do about it?" "Soak 'em!" We go in, and we wait, a few join us, but one doesn't and when he tries to get passed. It falls apart, and we start fighting. Soon we hear whistles.

"Cheese it! Cheese it, it's the bulls!" Soon we start to run out.