n i s h i n o y a

You Can't Have Thunder Without Lightning

[summary: y/n gets scared of a moth and uses it as an opportunity to confess to her childhood friend Nishinoya]

"AHHHH!!!" Y/n screamed and ran ran back into the gym, the moth following her into the brightly lit room filled with volleyball players. "NOYA!!!!!!!! SAVE ME!" she cried. 

Tsukishima laughed at the small female who was being cradled by the sweaty libero. "You're scared of a small harmless moth?" he asked.

"SMALL??? T-that thing was h-huge Tsuki!!! You're so mean! No wonder you don't have a girlfriend" 

"well you're not dating anyone either"

Y/n held onto Nishinoya's shirt, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "n-not fair. You're tall, smart, and you always know how to get on someone's nerves. I can't get anything to you!" she finally let tears fall. Yamaguchi gasped, Nishinoya held your head to his chest, Hinata looked angry and Daichi had to hold back Tanaka. 

"Tsuki! You made Y/n-san cry!!" Yamaguchi deadpanned. 

"oops sorry" Tsukishima rolled his eyes and shrugged. 

Nishinoya growled, "That's not nice Tsuki- Yeah! that's not nice Tsuki, moths are scary up close!" Hinata cut Nishinoya off. 

At that moment Coach Ukai called practice of since it was getting late, Nishinoya decided to walk Y/n home to make sure she was safe and calm. Nishinoya actually had a crush on the slightly taller female. He'd known her since middle school and fell in love with her adventurous personality, even if she hated bugs. He found it funny how she hated any type of bus (minus butterflies) and loved spiders. Just to see her freak out on those small things made it an interesting show, but that's not why he loved y/n. It was because of her loyalty to him, ever since middle school she was his number one fan, she followed him everywhere like she was a lost puppy. His lost puppy. The fact that you didn't think to tutor him, or go to any practice and game made his heart melt. He saw you as a goddess. 

"N-NOYA!! MOTH!!" Y/n screeched and jumped into Noya's arms, who had caught her instantly. Nishinoya chuckled, "was there even a real moth there?" he asked, putting Y/n down. She laughed. 

"no! but you weren't paying attention to me Nishinoya-senpai!" Y/n laughed. 

The two kept walking until they reached Y/n's house. "Y/n-Chan, may I ask you a question?" Nishinoya asked looking down to the floor, at his shoes. 

"Of course you can Yuu!" Y/n laughed picking up his head. 

"Will you go out with me?"

"hell yeah!!" 

Nishinoya jolted back in surprise, "r-really??!" he asked looking at her carefully. Searching her eyes for any signs of mischief. 

"Mhmm! I love you bunches Yuu! You mean the world to me, i don't know what i'd do if I had never met you in middle school! I mean, you can't have Thunder without Lightning~"

"Y/n-chan i think it's the other way around.."

"WHO CARES???!" 

//I'm shorter than Noya by half an inch :(