b o k o t o

don't leave my side

[summary: when y/n's parents get her caught  in the middle of a marriage war they convince her that other men and woman can't be trusted, but bokoto changes her mind]

Ever since Y/n found out her dad cheated on her mom she never trusted guys again. She always told herself "The only man a girl can trust, is her daddy" but if her dad cheated on her mom, could she trust any guy? Sure kids were okay, she tried her best to teach all the little boys she ran into that they should treat girls with manners and love them unconditionally. It got to the point where she only hung out with those kids because she found out her dad cheated on her mom with her best friend. Y/n was scared, scared to get hurt like her mom did. She wanted to make sure the next generation learned how to love correctly, to be loyal. Y/n convinced herself what she was doing was alright, the kids loved her,  it was fine. Right?

Everyone was so worried for Y/n, she distanced herself from everyone, she was getting paranoid. She didn't know who to trust, she only trusted those kids and her mom. But her childhood best friends, Bokoto and Akaashi, didn't like this. No, they wouldn't allow it. But each time they would go talk to her she would just get scared and back away. She didn't want to talk about her feelings. She was scared.

"Y/n" Bokoto reached out to y/n, but she flinched. She turned to face him and smiled weakly. Hurt in her eyes all the time, yet she pushed it aside. 

"Wanna come to practice and watch me play?! I would love it if you came.. the team misses you" Bokoto said, looking away. He couldn't look at that fear it made him upset. Akaashi put a hand on his shoulder. "if you're free, we know you volunteer at the preschool after school." Akaashi sad with his usual monotone voice, but it had a hint of care in it. Y/n nodded and looked down. 

"i'll think about it"

Y/n walked off and held her bag close to chest, thinking to herself if she should go. Could she trust Bokoto and Akaashi? She can though, she's known them all her life and the trio told eachother everything. But her mom thought she knew her father... should really trust them? 

y/n shook her head. "i'll go, they are my best friends! I can trust them.." 

later that day Y/n went to watch them practice, she smiled at the sight. she missed it, how did she manage to let them go? but she had all right to be, she was broken hearted, and afraid to be broken even more. she didn't want to be a fool. 

y/n reallllly needed someone to tell her it was okay and to trust people again, like she really needed it. and a hug too, yeah. she needed a big hug. 

bokoto saw y/n and smiled, "you made it y/n-chan!!" bokoto shouted and hugged her. the female blushed and hugged him back. "mhmm i did" she laughed. 

"i need to talk to you after practice okay?"

oh no. those words, she hated those six words, what did he need to talk to her about? nothing bad, ... right?

//timeskip brought to you by: Tobio's meat dance//

y/n anxiously waited by the doors for bokoto. when she saw him walk out she tensed up and looked to the floor, her negative thoughts that were built up spilled off her tongue like water. "you invited me here nicely to seem like nothing was up, but in reality you just wanted to tell me that you don't wanna be friends anymore? you can't do that to me kou! there is so much i have to tell you, but i'm just afraid too because i don't wanna be played as a fool too"

"what? me, drop you?-laughs- never!!! y/n i wanted to tell you that i'm here for you, akashi too. we... we know how badly you're taking the divorce and how it screwed up your perspective on the world but. we're your best friends, we wouldn't change.. no, not at all. we won't play you ass a fool! and i, i really wanna teach you that not all guys are like your dad... and be more than a friend" bokoto looked serious, he meant it.

y/n felt tears run down her cheeks, she immediately wiped them but they kept falling. so ow there she was, in front of bokoto crying silently. 

"i-i'm sorry was it something i-i said?"

"no..? yeah? kinda -laughs and sniffles- what you said meant a lot, i needed that reminder... i'd love to be more than a friend to you too" y/n cried and hugged him, crying in his chest. bokoto sighed happily, he hugged her back and kissed her head. "that's good"

"can you just... promise me"

"promise what?"

"just, don't leave my side... okay?"

"got it"