chapter 3

(Name) stared fondly at the soft, but firm, accessory on her hands. A headband printed with her two favourite colours and a small sunflower pin given from her grandfather earlier as an apology and gift. Similar to his, that he still wore until today, except in different colours. She knew he was only worried and nervous that she might end up like him, accepting fates when the smell of death was near.

She wouldn't allow that. So she assured him that she won't be reckless like he was during his younger days. The assurance was not a promise as well. You aren't too sure what fate will bring about.

A familiar aroma wafted through the garden she was in, turning around and saw Skylar walking towards her with a cup of coffee in his hands. She gladly accepted the cup before he could sit beside her on the bench. 

"Your frozen flowers stings (Name)," Skylar pouted as he inspected the small cuts decorated his arm. Thankfully, they were healed by her earlier after their spar. Asking for Valeria's healing Hamon would be embarrassing if it happened to him many times. Since she still had to work in a flower shop during weekdays in the morning.

(Name) shrugged lightly with a small grin, "Be lucky it didn't spear through you." Then sipping on her cup, gulping down the coffee's warm contents made by him, "The blend of this coffee was incredible by the way." 

Skylar grinned at her with a small blush, "Thanks." Then he stretched his limbs, waiting for those satisfying cracks of knots to untangle that currently formed. He slumped on the bench, "Ms. Zeppeli said they're going to make a Beef Stroganoff. I never tasted it before despite that I'm British-Italian living here for seven years."

"It tastes good I assure you," (Name) said with a grin. Standing to tug on his sweater sleeve and he obliged mutely. The taste of Beef Stroganoff surrounded the abode as they went in. Looks like Caesar was making it instead of Valeria, as she was sitting on a diner table and waved warmly once she acknowledged their presence. 

The British teen let out a heavenly sigh as (Name) chuckled at his response. "You're not lying."

"I'd rather be honest than lying Skylar. Unless it's necessary."

And (Name) having manners, she softly pressed a kiss to Valeria's cheek as a part of greeting. The older woman returned it dotingly. Skylar stood awkwardly when he recovered from his trance. Watching with shifting eyes as they greet, unsure what to do next. Valeria beckoned for him and he complied - to pat his head affectionately. 

(Name) nudged Skylar with a taunting smirk and he sent her a glare. They claimed the chairs across Valeria since they were teens, respecting her space with her husband, and waited patiently.

"My speciality! ~" Caesar dramatically announced with an odd pose, his hand covered his face while the  other held the tray of Beef Stroganoff effortlessly with balance. It made Valeria roll her violet eyes at his entrance as (Name) sputtered on her coffee and Skylar muffled his laugh behind his palm.

Caesar smirked as he approached the diners and settled the tray in front of them, "Beef Stroganoff is ready!" As he was about to sit beside Valeria, he leaped away with a scream, 

"MAMA MIA!"

The diners abruptly stood as Valeria worriedly approached Caesar, who was shaking like a leaf and his pride crushed at the sight of what  he saw; Skylar exclaimed, "What happened?!"

With furrowed brows, (Name) neglected her coffee and went to her grandfather's supposed seat. A ladybug was crawling on the armchair, it froze when it felt it was being watched. She huffed in amusement with a hint of concern, "Nonno, are you scared of insects?"