chapter 8

"Take a rest as the plane goes for Egypt. It'll be a long ride."

(Name) leaned the back of her head against the cushions as she took a nap with Noriaki beside her. Mohammed sat in front of them, while Jotaro and Joseph were behind them. As much as she wanted to rest like Joseph had said, a gut feeling was telling her that something would go wrong very soon. 

A choked gasp emitted behind her. She heard it as the sound came from Joseph and a buzzing sound occurred. Audible enough for them to acknowledge, except for the passengers who were with them.

(Name) rose a brow at the flying insect within the darkness, "A Rhinoceros beetle?"

"A stag beetle," Jotaro corrected her as he stood to inspect closely.

"Dio is watching us here, I felt him. We need to be careful," Joseph whispered as he shifted on his seat, "(Name), can you tell where the Stand user is?"

The Italian teen had her Hamon scattered around the cabin and she spoke, "Can't tell where exactly they are..." And pondered for a moment, "But somewhere in the back seats."

The stag beetle flew above the passengers a row away from them. Saliva coated its serrated mouth, as if it was visibly hungry, waiting for the right moment to strike against its potential prey.

Joseph leaned over her seat with a worried gaze, "We are already encountering one of them?"

(Name) intently watched the stag beetle flapping around. Then, it ducked itself under the seats of the plane, seeming to sense that someone detected it.

"W-where is it...?" Joseph muttered. The plane went silent again as a tense atmosphere began to form for a moment. Noriaki turned to Jotaro and he exclaimed, "It's at your side, Jojo!"

They shifted their gazes at the beetle as it hovered in front of Jotaro. It let out a puff of smoke as it opened its jaws, a tongue-like 'mouth' appeared with a spike in the middle. 

Noriaki frowned, "No stag beetle is that big. It may be a Stand."

"Fucking gross," Jotaro scoffed as he raised a palm, "Anyway, I'll deal with it."

Mohammed warned as he sat, "C-careful now. (Name)'s detection might be right. I heard of a user with a bug Stand who enjoys ripping the tongue out of its victims."

Star Platinum emerged as Jotaro called out to grab the beetle, it quickly dodged than they thought it would and they gasped in shock. 

'It's a Stand,' (Name) frowned as the beetle zipped away. No beetle could move as fast like that. Now that the bug Stand knew they could see it - they were now exposed. Or they already were since they went in this plane.

Noriaki gripped her arm beside her as he muttered, "(Name). Can you tell where exactly the Stand-" His inquiry was cut short as the bug Stand shot its needle tongue to Jotaro. Star Platinum attempted to block it with its outstretched palm. Unfortunately, it pierced through and the purple Stand immediately stopped the needle with its teeth before the bug Stand could snatch its tongue. Blood began to leak from Jotaro's hand and mouth.

Mohammed recognized the stag beetle. He quickly informed them that it was the Tower Tarot card, a malicious Stand that symbolized destruction, calamity, and the interruption of journeys. Tower of Gray, who committed mass murder by framing its kills as accidents, such as the airplane crash with 300 deaths last year in England. And thought to be its doings. He added, "They were only rumours... and he is working with Dio!"

"Ora! Ora! Ora!" A repetitive chant from Star Platinum as flurry of fists were thrown at the bug Stand who avoided its attacks, unscathed, and declared, "Even if you shot ten guns simultaneously from one centimeter away, they would never be able to touch my Stand!"