3

"Hey Angel" I heard Beth's voice behind me. I didn't answer, I just kept quiet starring at the letter I saw in the locker this morning it went like this;

Dear Angel

Did you think why strangers would take you to their house just like that without wanting something in return? And oh yes Good morning. I hope you slept well.

Your Guardian angel
M.W

"Hey Angel" Beth called my name while shaking me from behind.

"Am alive stop shaking me" I replied rudely. I didn't mean for it to come out that way. Beth retreated and went to her locker.

"Am sorry" Beth said while taking out her books. I turned to face her.

"Look am sorry if that came wrong it just is having a bad morning " I lied. Well technically am not lying. This letter just got me thinking.

"It's ok, I get it" Beth replied.

"Beth since we still have time before class I want to ask some questions and please don't say I don't need to know," I told her while looking in her eyes to show am serious.

"OK shoot" Beth replied.

"Why did you take me to your house yesterday?" I asked.

"Cuz you are my friend" she replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

"We met yesterday" I replied while raising my eyebrow.

"I just get this trust vibe from you OK" turning her back to me "I feel like I can you, like you will be a good friend, in fact, my best friend" she answered, even if she wasn't facing me I could see that she was turning red, "why is she red it's not like she telling me she likes me or something," I thought to myself.

"Turn around and face me so people will not think you are asking me out," I told her cause I don't want people thinking that because I straight as a pole and luckily she turned. "Even if you feel any vibe that does not mean you take them to your house immediately, it may be someone dangerous, do you understand me, I know they say trust your instinct but it, not every time your instinct is correct"

"You are saying it like I took someone else instead of you to my house" she replied.

"I know but one day you might take someone else who is dangerous to your house and put all of you in danger," I told her because I care I wouldn't want anything happening to her, she is my first friend in this school, I hope she understands.

"OK I understand" she replied and I smiled "Is that what caused you to have a bad morning?" She asked.

"No" I replied and she raised her eyebrow and I also raised mine "yes," I said after I couldn't stand her looking at me like that "It just felt fake you know, you met me yesterday and immediately took me to your house, I also made a bunch of friends in just one day. I hope you understand." I told her with honesty.

"I understand" She replied smiling and just then the bell rang "let's go to class" and we went to class. After a while, it was time for lunch just like yesterday I bought what beth bought.