Prologue: The thoughts of a dork

Prologue: Hato no omoi/ ハトの想い

POV: Unknown
I clutch my papers, shakily in my hand. If I graduate, I can get into the school of my dreams. I suck in a gust of air.

All I know is, *she* has to get in. She just has to.

I open it the envelope, anticipation... heart thumping against my rib cage. This is the moment where I can truly shine! Finally after all these years. I squeeze my eyes shut while I draw it out. I pop open my eyes...  it's the moment of truth. My eyes hungrily scan the river of lines- unimportant lines. As if it was their destiny to keep people patient and on the edge of their seats. Destined to only be plot filler-

"C-congratulations you've s-succesfully g-gotten into t-the Yagami's Academy of Fine Talents (Y.A.F.T)" my voice trembles and falls over itself. I let it soak in. My knees buckle. But but has she got in?
I look over at her face... she doesn't seem as nervous, I scan her face...

My eyes are fixed on her. She sighs, opens the letter... and shoves it in her bag. Wait- there is no reaction... did she get in? She's unreadable. She brushes her brown hair behind her ears with a smirk... my cheeks light up. Stupid feelings-

"Pft, of course. They'd be stupid not to let me join the school" she chuckles. God, she probably sounds so cocky... but in her defence it's just truth and just confidence! The whole class knew it, it was no surprise. Everyone is pining over her... I would be too if I wasn't so nervous.

Her audition was solid and... perfect. I'd be jealous if I didn't admire her. I smile to myself. I'm glad she is happy. It's strange to me, I was more concerned about her persuing her dreams than me. God I'm a dork.

The bell rings. I jump out of my seat. Everyone runs towards the gates in a rush, to tell the news whether they got into their dream school. I lost her in a sea of faces and bodies. I panick. I need to congratulate her somehow.

I run fast, I see her... i reach out.

"C-congratulations on getting in!" I squeeze my eyes and blush. My words flooded out, She stops. She turns around. Oh god she's frowning, "Uh, I didn't tell you I got in... how do you know?" she places a hand on her hip, brow raised. I fumble my fingers, god I'm a loser. I really goofed up. You'd think I could talk to a classmate you've been to school with for so long. But nope. "I just-just assumed you would get in. You're so talented and uhm..." she giggles, "Thanks kiddo"

I didn't want her to giggle at me, it wasn't the reaction I was looking for dammit... but she is so cute. If I called her cute she would be so mad at me, she hates that stuff. And quite frankly I'd laugh at me too. I probably look stupid. Before I could tell her I was gonna see her again in Y.A.F.T she is gone...

Did I really just stand here and let her leave? I did. Ugh!

I hold my papers sadly. Wait... why am I sad... is it because I never got to be her friend over the years because I was too shy? I wanted to tell her I got in too, and for her to be happy we could spend time together. I guess I'll just have to surprise her. I guess this is the thoughts of a dork.

I walk home. Thoughts in my head. This time I'll try extra hard to make friends in school and leave my mark! I run home.

This is the next big step!

Now I know what you're thinking, "Ew that's a bit creepy, are you a stalker... or worse... A YANDERE?" Calm down, I just admire her, from very afar. You see, I am an anxiety bean, I planned on making friends with her but I'm a wimp and a simp. Maybe I find her cute and maybe HOT but... w-what's that to you!

______________________________________

Side note: This entire thing is cringe and blursed I'm sorry XD

I wonder who the POV is... *blushes*