Chapter Fifty-Four

The van ride there was long and tedious. Percy drove as Grover's hooves weren't the greatest option for controlling a car, but Percy's nervous and shaking hands weren't that much better.

As soon as they got into the city the two started scanning the streets for any monsters—specifically hellhounds.

"Why can't I find it?" Percy muttered as he drove closer towards their apartment.

"Maybe they killed it already," Grover answered hopefully. "Or maybe it left."

Percy shook his head and kept his eyes intensely staring at the street. "Knowing my luck, impossible."

He kept driving until he reached the very street his apartment was on. Still no sign of a hellhound. Or Hazel and Frank for that matter.

"Should we check the apartment?" Percy asked as he carefully parked the van.

Grover shook his head and pointed out the window. "No need to. Look!"

Percy turned and saw Hazel, Frank, Marina, and Charlie. Hazel clung onto Marina and Frank clung onto Charlie.

"Hazel! Frank!" Percy yelled as he pulled the car over towards them with much difficulty. "Get in!"

Hazel sighed with relief. "Percy! Thank Gods. Piper and Jason called us. They said there was a hellhound near their apartment!"

So that's where it went to....Percy thought, clearly relieved to know where it went.

"So we decided to head to camp," Frank finished. "In case there were more. Piper and Jason are headed there right now."

Percy sighed with relief and ushered them over the van. "Get in the car and we'll catch you guys up to date."

After they crawled into the van Percy explained everything begrudgingly. He started with the hellhound attack.

"Is Annabeth alright?" Hazel asked weakly.

"I hope so," Percy answered truthfully. "Last I heard she was doing alright, just weak."

The rest of the car ride was silent except for the occasional snore of Grover, who had fallen asleep.

"We're here," Percy said as the car halted to a stop, throwing everyone a little forwards. Percy shook Grover awake before rushing to the back of the van.

"Daddy!" Marina squealed as Percy scooped her up. "Where's mommy?"

Percy tried to remain smiling as he set Marina down and took Charlie from Frank. "Mommy got an owie, but we're going to go see her, okay?"

Marina nodded and followed along closely as Percy led them to the infirmary. On the way there Marina would not stop talking per her usual fashion.

"Where are we?" she asked bossily.

"Uh....you've been here before," Percy answered vaguely. "We're almost there...."

"Are we in Disneyland?"

"I wish."

"America?"

"Yes."

"Where in America?"

"Long Island."

Marina frowned, clearly unsatisfied with his answer. "Why wasn't Uncle Grover wearing pants?"

"That's enough questions."

Thankfully, the three arrived at the infirmary shortly. Percy ignored the bossy child of Apollo and opened the door.

"Percy—Marina! Charlie! Thank gods they're safe," Annabeth said, a grin appearing on her face.

Marina rushed up to Annabeth and climbed onto her hospital bed. "Daddy said you have an owie."

Annabeth smiled and kissed Marina's forehead. "I'm all better now."