Chapter 11

"I'll leave that to you," Siddharth said, pushing a file towards her on the desk.

She nodded, taking the file and turning on her heels. For the past few days, she had been observing that he was trusting her with a lot more than he initially did. He had begun to take her along for client meetings. And whenever the meeting extended past nine, he would make sure to treat her to dinner before dropping her home. Not surprisingly they were always posh places, but surprisingly, he had confessed that he liked some junk food joints and street food places better. Yet, if he was to step in there, paparazzi would get their new target. So, he only got takeouts from those places. When they did overtime once, that's when he told her that. However, her job was to reduce overtimes, so she didn't think such situations would arise often. She would make sure of it.

She had gotten quite familiar with Joseph too. And she had gotten to see more of Siddharth's faces, not that his arrogant self disappeared, ever. She wanted to see him smile, it made him look so charming. She hadn't got that opportunity again.

He had even begun to discuss his decisions with her often. He was treating her better than she could have ever imagined being treated by her boss. She had become more than just an acquaintance to him. He trusted her completely, she couldn't deny anymore, more the reason why she couldn't look away from how similar he was to Arnav. It made her miss Arnav more. But only when she was with Siddharth. When she was by herself, she missed someone- whether it was Siddharth or Arnav was a blur to her. She would think of Arnav, and Siddharth would automatically come to mind, and thinking of Sid reminded her of Arnav.

Was she starting to like her boss? She pondered. Or was she only attracted to Arnav's similarities that were in him? Her head was a tornado of confusions; her heart elated, excited but also nervous, perplexed.

No. I don't like him. It's just that- being with him feels...

Like home. Her subconscious mind finished for her.

No! Just... Comfortable. "There's nothing to think about," she whispered, taking a few heavy steps towards her desk. She couldn't accept that anyone but Arnav, could make her feel at home.

However, she knew the reason why she felt so comfortable around Siddharth. Why wouldn't she? He could easily see through her. He'd know she's tired when she is, though she was sure she hid it well. It surprised her, but also made her feel safe around him, knowing he cared for her. Why else would he notice these little things about her? She didn't think much about it though. It was just the kind of concern one would show towards the person they trusted and worked with, isn't it?

After she completing the work she had planned for the day, she started to take out the documents that she needed a copy of. As she entered the room where the Xerox machine was, she met Leela. "Hey, Arpi, it's so rare to see you here."

"Ya. I mostly stack all of them together and finish coping it early in the morning, so..." Arpita trailed off.

"How efficient! I should have known," Leela rolled her eyes, causing Arpita to chuckle. "So, is the boss being lenient with you these days?"

Arpita's eyes narrowed, "Why are you asking?"

Lee shrugged, "You're happier these days."

Arpita blinked at her friend's observation. "Oh!" was all she could manage to say.

"Anyway, I'm done here. Meet you at lunch."

"Hmm. Ya."

Taking all the copies she needed, she carried it carefully to her desk. Remembering she needed one more file from his office, she knocked, entering at his 'Come in.'