Chapter 16

The first day in her new house had been hectic for Arpita.

Most of the shifting was completed smoothly with the efficient workers Siddharth had sent. And though everything was already placed in its place and cleaned up before she had even come in, she had had a change of mind and wanted to rearrange a few things. Apart from that, she still had the kitchen shelves, cupboards and closets to arrange. Not to forget the cute little details she liked to put in every corner of her house, which included -importantly- the photographs.

Addy and Vi were a great help, she chuckled mentally. Whilst Vi was lending a hand with everything, Addy was supposedly helping in 'keeping the mood balanced'. He kept making jokes and ordering them to work faster, as he made himself comfortable on the bean bag. The only thing he had probably done, except for irritating them, was making some orange juice for them, which, Arpita was aware, was done just for his girlfriend. She wasn't disappointed by it, though. She hadn't expected much from his lazy ass, anyway.

What was surprising... was Siddharth's arrival!

"Need Help?" he barged in, wearing a simple green t-shirt and ripped jeans. He still looked like a model out of some magazine. Sparkling.

She folded her arms across her chest. "I'm curious, Sir."

"About what?" He furrowed his eyes at her, confused.

"When did barging into someone's house become gentlemanly?" She asked, innocently inclining her head.

His eyes twinkled with mischief, "You want me to wait till you let me in?... You're insane."

"It's manners," she pressed.

"So... you're telling me you've never barged into someone's place? Ever?" He arched his brow, challengingly.

Thinking of the time she had barged into Arnav's room, her half-smile turned whole. "I have," she said softly, almost whispering with a dreamy look in her eyes, "Only because... Of love."

His smirk dropped. He knew very little about her first love- Arnav, was it? But it was enough to make him jealous, especially when she had called them 'similar' once. As if he could be compared to some random guy. Clearing his throat and his mind, he spoke again, "So, you haven't answered me yet. Need help?" He asked, turning his head to inspect the condition of her house.

"No, Sir, we just finished actually."

"Harps," Aad called, entering the hall.

Siddharth's jaw tightened, Who is this guy walking shirtless in her house?! "Who's this?" He gritted out, eyeing the guy with a hard look.

Addison could promptly smell the jealousy and he smirked, moving closer to Arpita and putting his arm across her shoulder, "Her bf, Addison. And you are?"

Siddharth relaxed a little, for Arpita had told him about Addison and Violet multiple times. Bf? Best friend? Sid smirked at the guy's intentions, and was about to answer him, when Arpita elbowed Addison on his side, "Ow!" causing him to drop his hand from her shoulder in slight pain.

"Addy, this is my boss," Arpita pointed out, through clenched teeth.

"Oh!" His eyes widened in recognition. He let out a short laugh, rubbing the back of his neck. He knew Sid would know of him, which was confirmed by the smirk he was showing. Oh, well..."I've heard a lot about you. It's good to meet you, at last!" Addison smiled.