Arrival In Imladris

A/N: This story mostly focuses on the Fellowship's quest, Arwen and Aragorn's relationship and Aragorn's long and winding road to the throne of Gondor. It follows the Extended Versions of the movies but some details from the book might be found in future chapters.

Disclaimer; I obviously do not own any of the characters or the marvelous world created b Tolkien. I wish I possessed his grandness. Nor do I own the movies directed by Peter Jackson who is a visual master in his own right. Both Tolkien and Jackson have instead helped me find inspiration and a story from which I could create my own story and create a fun, but possibly not authentic, AU. So thank you, Tolkien and Jackson, for immortalizing LOTR for a world of fans.

This story has been uploaded to wattpad from my original story that can be found on fanfiction (dot) com. I have the same username on both sites and if you like, feel free to have a look at the original and my other stories posted there.

--

1. Arrival in Imladris

Arwen's feet moved swift and silent as she headed down the white pathway of the arcade in the direction of the healing house. Her mind was clouded with a heavy concern she could not shake. A concern for the young hobbit within the healing house and a concern for her beloved who remained out in the wild with the other hobbits.

Frodo, the hobbit within the sick room, had during the night been wounded by a dagger wielded by a Ring wraith. The Nine had been in hot pursuit of Arwen as she rode with the hobbit towards help and safety. The dark riders had caught up with her as she reached the river and had it not been for the powers of the elves, Arwen and Frodo might never have escaped. As it was, the Nine had been swept away with a deadly wave, called upon by the elf maiden, but it was not a definite strike. The wraiths would return once more.

Arwen simply hoped the Nine would not regain their strengths again until Aragorn and the hobbits, too, were safe in Imladris, where the powers of the elves could watch over them.

For all she knew and feared, however, Aragorn and his small group could already have been overtaken by the darkest shadows. Arwen had long been accustomed to woe and worry whenever the ranger set out from Rivendell, for the world had slowly turned a more unsafe place, but this time it was different. Though Aragorn was skilled with a blade, indeed counted amongst the greatest of warriors, there were some dark forces even he was best to avoid.

Arwen stopped her pace and released a heavy breath that had long ached within her chest. She turned to gaze out over the balustrade and noticed how the sun swept through the decorated columns as if reaching out for the beautiful, wild heather which grew up the side of the building. It seemed even the rays of the sun enjoyed the peace of the gardens below. Arwen knew the Elven kingdom and her most beloved home had always been a safe haven for her own kind and those in need. Even in her worry, the serene spirit of Rivendell managed to touch her heart and give her a small measure of peace.

Her head turned to gaze at the door not far from her current position. Behind the grand, decorated door rested the young hobbit who'd received the treacherous wound. When Arwen and Frodo had first arrived, her father had already been awaiting them. Lord Elrond had wasted no time as he had brought the hobbit to his healing room, from which Arwen in her long years had seen few men exit still wounded. Elrond had quickly dismissed his daughter with an honest promise that all would be well.

Though Arwen trusted her father blindly, his words had not calmed her for long when she had been left alone to wait out the storm. Her faith was swiftly dwindling and she knew the only thing that would sooth her mind was Aragorn's return.

Though Elrond had insisted she change clothes and relax, Arwen had yet to change out of her travel outfit. Upon being dismissed by her father, she had instead hurried to send out horses for the others still in the wilderness, but the day was turning dark and no news had reached Rivendell. There was nothing for Arwen now but to wait and keep her faith.