eight

jackson and yugyeom grabbed blankets and pillows so they could assemble their fort. yugyeom played some music as they did so, the two jamming out and sometimes knocking the blankets down.

the two laughed as pillows and blankets were thrown around the living room. it was fun for the both of them, making jokes and teasing each other as they messed around.

"hyung, watch out!" yugyeom laughed as jackson slipped on a blanket and fell onto a bunch of pillows. jacksons eyes were wide as he looked up at yugyeom who was laughing at him, toppling over onto the couch. jackson took a second to come to his senses and started laughing too.

they were laughing so hard that they didn't even hear the front door open. when mark walked in he laughed at the sight of the two boys. yugyeom and jackson stopped laughing and whipped their heads around, mark was surprised their heads didnt fly off.

"woah, it's just me. what are you two doing?" mark asked, looking at the seven blankets and 10 pillows scattered around the living room.

"we were trying to make a fort but... it's not going ao well." yugyeom said sheepishly. jackson stood up, a smile on his face.

"wanna help?" jackson asked mark. the older boy nodded. the three built the fort and got more snacks since jackson and yugyeom ate them while trying to put the fort up.

the three sat inside their fort, watching a movie. jackson sat in the middle of mark and yugyeom, mark leaning onto jackson, his head on his shoulder and yugyeom trying his best not to.

"seunie, I'm going to bed now.." mark yawned, sitting up straight. jackson turned to him and smiled.

"night markie. love you."

"love you too. night kyum." mark whispered, standing up. yugyeom turned to mark and smiled. " night hyung." mark left, the two hearing a door close.

they focused back on the movie, or at least they tried too. yugyeom wanted to lean on jackson but didn't want to make jackson uncomfortable. he knew mark could do it because they're best friends.

"kyum, you can lean on me you know." jackson said, looking over at the swaying boy. yugyeoms eyes widened slightly.

"you sure hyung?" jackson smiled, nodding. yugyeom did as told but he went down and decided to rest his head on jacksons thighs. jackson was a little shocked at first, his body tensing. but as yugyeom got comfortable so did jackson.

the older boy ran his fingers through yugyeoms hair, gently, hoping he didnt seem creepy or something. yugyeom sighed, closing his eyes completely.

jackson looked down at the boy a few minutes later, a smile on his face as quiet snores left the youngers mouth.

yugyeom was so ethereal. he was absolutely perfect. everything the boy did made jackson feel a sense of calmness. yugyeom was like a summer breeze on a hot day; refreshing. being around yugyeom made jackson happy, even if he didn't notice is right away.

jackson could deny his love for the boy but in the back of his mind he knew how he felt. maybe it was destiny. maybe jackson was supposed to fall in love with a boy he saw at a coffee shop. maybe he was supposed to feel butterflies in his stomach when he was around him. maybe jackson was finally going to be happy.

jackson was so lost in thought that he didnt even realize the ending credits were rolling on screen. jackson looked up and grabbed the remote, turning the TV off and closed his eyes. he leaned against the pillows that were scattered everywhere, falling asleep happily.

●●●●●

jackson groaned, coming to his senses. he heard giggles and then a click. jackson opened his eyes, seeing mark above him. mark smirked, looking down at him.

"how'd you sleep?" the boy asked, pointing down at jacksons chest. jackson looked down, just now noticing yugyeom fast asleep on his chest, their legs entangled. jacksons face heated up, embarrassed that mark saw them. he smiled though, reminding himself to ask mark for the photos later.

"shh, let him sleep." jackson whispered, looking down at yugyeom, deciding to run his fingers through yugyeoms hair again. mark cooed, taking a few more pictures before leaving to start breakfast for the trio.

a few minutes later, jackson felt yugyeoms embrace tighten, jackson looked back down at yugyeom. the boy was humming, slowly waking up. jackson felt his heart going crazy in his chest, he couldn't believe he was holding such a precious being in his arms.

"morning hyung." the boy yawned, looking up at jackson with a sleepy smile. before jackson could reply, yugyeom realized their position, his eyes widened as he quickly got off of jackson.

"ah, I'm sorry hyung! I d-didnt mean to fall asleep on you! I'm sor-"

"its okay. it was... nice. I should be the one apologizing anyway, I made you sleep on the floor." jackson said, sad yugyeom got off him so quickly but he ignored it and sat up.

"ah.. I slept g-good. thank you for having me over yesterday hyung." jackson smiled at the blondie, yugyeom doing the same back.

"are you guys done flirting cause breakfast is ready~" mark yelled from the kitchen. the two turned bright red before laughing at each other.

"you're so red!" yugyeom pointed out, laughing at jackson. "look at you! your chest is even red gyeom, don't try me." jackson said as the two left their fort to go to the kitchen where mark was already seated.

"you're both the same damn shade." mark laughed, teasing the two even more. jackson rolled his eyes, smiling.

if only jackson could wake up this happy every morning.