ten

yugyeom tossed and turned, not being able to fall asleep. he was at their apartment, alone. being alone had always made yugyeom anxious, hence why he lived with his best friends.

kind of funny how he lived with his friends when half the time they weren't even home. yugyeom let out a bitter laugh at the thought. it was sad really, being so dependent on his friends.

yugyeom sighed, trying his best to ignore the degrading thoughts and growing anxiety.

the wind was blowing, causing the leaves of the trees to rustle. the sound didn't help yugyeoms case, only making him think someone was outside watching him. the boy sat up, grabbing his phone and making a rash decision.

the blonde went into his contacts, looking for a specific person. once he found it, he clicked on the icon and dialed the number.

after four rings, the male on the other line answered.

"yugyeom? are you okay? why are you awake at... 3am?!"

"hi jackson hyung.. I'm okay. well, n-no I'm not okay. h-hyung can you come over? no ones home and I'm scared.." yugyeom said, tears swelling up in his eyes as his body was tensed.

"of course gyeomie. want me to stay on the phone until I get there?" jackson said softly. yugyeom could hear shuffling in the background. assuming jackson was already up and getting ready to leave.

"p-please.." jackson hummed. yugyeom felt bad, his heart racing as he tried to calm himself. he felt guilty for calling jackson and waking him up so late, or early, into the night. before yugyeom could say anything though jackson started talking.

"you ate dinner and stuff earlier right? are you hungry for a late night snack or anything?" jackson asked. yugyeom smiled a little at the older boys concern. "I'm o-okay hyung. I ate earlier."

"okay good. well, I'm in the car now so I'll have my phone on speaker. what have you been up to?"

●●●●●

it didn't take jackson long to arrive at yugyeoms apartment. yugyeom had calmed down a lot and it made jackson happy knowing he helped in someway.

yugyeom opened the door when jackson arrived, letting the older in.

"hey gyeomie." jackson smiled, taking note of the younger boys puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. yugyeom didn't say anything, going in for a hug. jackson stumbled back a little, his brain not processing exactly what was happening. it took a few seconds before jackson was hugging yugyeom back.

"you okay bubbas?" jackson asked, hoping the nickname wouldnt make yugyeom uncomfortable. "mhmm, now that you're here hyungie." yugyeom said, his voice muffled as he hid his face in jacksons shoulder.

hyungie.

the simple yet adorable nickname consumed jacksons thoughts. he really was in deep. jacksons heart raced as he and yugyeom just swayed back and forth for a few minutes, yugyeom still calming down.

neither of them said anything for awhile, just held each other. it was nice, holding the boy he loved in his arms. his thoughts were interrupted by yugyeom pulling away, a cute smile on his face.

"thank you hyung, for being here." yugyeom said shyly, looking down at his feet. yugyeom felt weird around jackson, not a bad weird but a heart fluttering weird. of course the blonde knew he found the older male attractive, anyone with eyes would, but no man or woman has ever made him feel this way. it was unsettling yet yugyeom loved it.

"of course gyeomie, I'm always here yeah? now, are you ready for bed? it's late." jackson smiled. yugyeom nodded, walking to his room. though, he stopped in the hallway when he didnt hear jackson behind him. yugyeom turned, seeing jackson sitting on the couch, about to lay down.

"wait hyung!" yugyeom said a little too loudly, startling himself and jackson. yugyeom blushed in embarrassment, thankful the apartment was dark enough that jackson couldn't see his reddening cheeks. "i-i mean uh hyung... could you.. maybe uh... sleep with me? i mean sleep with me in my bed! like, stay in my room with me!" yugyeom stumbled over his words, making jackson giggle.

"yes silly, of course." jackson said, standing up and following yugyeom to his room. the two got settled on yugyeoms bed, jackson on the left- by the door- and yugyeom on the right.

"night hyungie."

"night gyeomie, sweet dreams."