nine

mark sat on jacksons bed, trying to help the boy calm down. he had a nightmare and couldn't stop crying.

"shh.. it's okay seunie, I promise. you're okay. I'm here okay?" jackson just sobbed more, his body going numb as he couldnt stop crying. it felt like he could hardly breathe.

"c-c-cant bre-breathe.." jackson choked out, trying to look at mark. jackson broke eye contact, not being able to look mark in the eyes. he often had nightmares but this one was too overwhelming for jackson.

youngjae was the one that found jackson crying. it was 6am and youngjae had to use the restroom which was down the hall, across from jacksons room.

the boy heard whimpers and stopped walking. he was still sleepy so he thought maybe he was hearing things but when he heard a thud he knew something was wrong.

youngjae rushed to jacksons room, knocking on the door.

"jackson? are you okay?" the boy asked through the door. "get m-mark." youngjae rushed back to marks room and shook him awake.

"m-mark! its jackson!" mark jumped out of bed, now wide awake. he ran down the hall and barged in, closing the door behind him. of course mark had known of jacksons nightmares since they were little. there was one time when mark was staying at jacksons house for the weekend, mark was woken up by jackson screaming. mark shot up, seeing jackson break down next to him.

as a 10 year old boy, mark bad no idea what to do but he didnt need to do anything because jacksons mom was always there to calm him down. once jackson moved out into a place with his ex, his ex was his comfort. now that mark lived with jackson he was always the one that was there for him.

jackson was on the floor when mark arrived, hence why youngjae heard a thud. mark immediately sat in front of jackson, cupping his face in his hands gently. the action still caused jackson to flinch.

"shh, shh you're okay seunie. I've got you." jackson only sobbed more, clinging onto mark. "let's move you to the bed okay? I'm going to pick you up." jackson nodded, letting go of mark so the older could lift him up.

once they were situated on the bed, jackson held onto mark tightly, hiding his face in his best friends chest. they sat there for about an hour, jackson sobbing into msrk's chest as he whispered sweet words to him. jackson had barley started to calm down, his sobs now turning into quiet sniffles.

"you okay bub? what happened?" mark asked softly. jackson sighed, wiping his nose that had been running. "just... it was a really bad nightmare mark."

jacksons eyes swelled with tears again but he blinked them away. he stayed quiet for a second. collecting his thoughts as he thought about his dream. mark played with jacksons hair, waiting for the younger to start talking.

"it was... it was so l-lonely. I was with you and our f-friends. everyone was s-so happy." jacksons brows furrowed as he continued. "but whenever.... whenever I w-would talk it was like... no one cared. it was l-like I wasnt there. I left and no one noticed, not even you... I went outside and it was pitch black. I turned around and saw you and everyone l-leaving me. I tried st-stopping you guys but you all shook me away." mark frowned but waited for jackson to continue.

"and... when you guys got further away you all looked back. you guys looked... terrifying. you all had these wicked smiles on your faces and all of a sudden I fell into a pit of darkness, that's when I woke up. it sounds stupid I'm sor-"

"no! no jackson, it is not stupid. I'm sorry you had a dream like that seunie. I'll never ever leave you, okay? I love you so much, you're my soulmate. if people leave I want you to know I will always be here." mark said, jackson not being able to make eye contact with him.

"look at me," mark said, jackson hesitated but looked at mark anyway. "I love you gaga." mark said softly, the look in his eyes sincere.

"I love you markie."

"good, now let's go make breakfast and youngjae can third wheel."

"okay!"

●●●●●

hi everyone!

I'm sorry for the lack of updates recently. I've had a lot going on but I'm trying my best.

this is more of a filler markson chapter than anything but I'll have more jackgyeom soon I promise lol

hope you enjoyed <3