Chapter 6 - Adversary

Lisuga and the warriors stood atop the ilihan, a mountainous fortress, overlooking the shore. They found non-native assembling fabric caves anchored to the ground. Others built a bonfire to give the signal to their vessel from afar. They were humans created by Kaptan, but to them, they were monsters following Sitan's order.

"Let's make them leave. If they don't, we will force them to."

"We have to make a plan first," Dumagan said.

"Let me speak to them," Datu Paglinawan asserted himself.

"Very well, let's see what they're up to." Lisuga agreed.

"Let my men and I stay here and keep an eye on him while you and the rest will watch them from below," Datu Dumagan interjected.

Lisuga and Paglinawan nodded.

They stealthily descended to the shore but only Datu Paglinawan, Datu Bangkaya, and Mangalangit went on to the camp. As they got nearer, they were blocked by foreign soldiers who were dressed in a full set of metal armor. Then, they were escorted to their leader who had an eagle sculpted on to his gorget. The soldiers looked upon them with scorn, but they still tried to negotatie. Lisuga, who was camouflaging herself on a sturdy branch, found a man from afar who was targeting Datu Paglinawan. In a blink of an eye, an arrow struck towards the shooter then came right more arrows hitting several of them. She looked up and saw Datu Dumagan leading his people, then she shouted, "Charge!" However, she felt uneasy again. Something like she already encountered this before as she saw Datu Paglinawan was stabbed with a spear. "No!"

A brief moment of the man in her dream flashed back to her memory until she lost her consciousness.