Chapter 10 - Bon Voyage

Lisuga... Lisuga... Her eyes fluttered open. She was lying on her bed, and next to her was Paglinawan, who was sitting and had fallen asleep while waiting for her to wake up. Lisuga... Lisuga... Her eyes fixed towards the lady in white, calling out her name. She sat still and rubbed her eyes. You have to find your brothers for you to return home... It was blurry at first until she realized it was Lalahon.

Three days later...

Lisuga found herself standing on Balangay and gazing far off the island she loved the most. Through her hazel eyes, she watched the current drifted the boat farther away from the shore that was fading into the dust of gold, vivid in the radiant sunbeam. Her soft, olive skin wiggled as the sea breeze brushed down her spine. She closed her eyes and began to reminisce.

"It is time." She grimaced. The waves were overlapping each other telling her that the boathouse was ready to sail. "I am sorry." She searched for Dumagan, but Paglinawan caught her gaze.

"He is not here. He left earlier for a sea raid."

"I see. I am sorry. I cannot give you back the feelings that you have for me."

"I understand." Datu Paglinawan drew half smile. "May the gods guide you on your journey."

Lisuga was awakened when she heard her crew shouting. "Storm is coming!" She had forgotten that she brought 20 men with her. She wanted to sail alone but Paglinawan insisted for her protection.

The unheralded, dark, ragged clouds blotted the clear blue sky and released a sudden shower. The thunder raged with fury and the brisk wind was sweeping the rain across the sea causing huge waves. They struggled to get the sails down, but the angry billows grew larger that the vessel was dwarfed, riding up and down the mighty sea. They prayed to the god of the sea, Maguayan – hoping that it would end.

"I do not understand. What did I do wrong?" Lisuga shouted looking up. "Please, I beg you. Do not implicate them for whatever I did to disgrace you!" Then she knelt and cried, "If it was because of my memory, which I still do not comprehend, please punish me. Punish only me. I will take all the blame. Just spare these people."

Then a flash of forked lightning stroke to the balangay boat and washed it away to the unknown island.