Chapter 17 - Return

They travelled back to the Kingdom of Dapitan as they heard the whereabouts of Libulan. Datu Paglinawan was thrilled to see them again especially Lisuga. He right away hugged her when they disembarked to the shore. His warm caress created a pang to Dumagan's heart.

"We thought you were dead because only Apo and the rest floated back here after the storm," Paglinawan said. "If not for Bangkaya's note, might as well my soul die with you."

Lisuga flushed. She digressively introduced her brothers to Paglinawan since she did not know how to react. "By the way, this is Liadlaw." She turned to Licalibutan but he shook his head.

"We met at the village of the Iranons," Liadlaw interjected. "By the way, we heard Libulan passed by here. Do you know where he is now?"

"I believe we have a problem. It is best if we discuss this inside." There was a hint of caution as he spoke.

They were deliberating of how to rescue Libulan from the children of Sitan, who were camping at the northern part of the island. They planned to attack by midnight, and they succeeded.

Libulan was covered with scars of lashes. He was looking thin and ragged like as if Sidapa, the god of death, was coming to take his soul.

"I am sorry, Brother, for causing you this." Lisuga held his hand and cried. "I should be the one being punished, not you."

"My precious Sister, you don't have to worry about me. You were inloved." Libulan glanced at Datu Dumagan. "And it's not wrong to fall inlove especially if he is worth fighting for."

"Libulan!" Liadlaw interupted with disdain. "Since when did you start patronizing her?"

"Don't forget that you were once inlove that was the reason you decided to help Licalibutan on his revolt. You even persuaded me to help you. Be grateful that Our Grandfather still woke us up from ashes after we were bolted by His lightning."

Liadlaw did not answer anymore. He knew what he meant.

"I think we should let him rest first," Licalibutan said.

Then they left the room.