4. The Encounter

Tutor puts on the suit jacket that has been hanging on the wardrobe handle and looks at himself in the dresser mirror. He smiles satisfied with his looks and thinks back if he should change his hairstyle by letting his bangs down but realizes it would make him look timid and that's the last opinion he would like to give his interviewer. That's right he was getting ready to go to the office of Korn Technologies finally. He thinks finally cuz he was loosing hope on their interview call when they didn't respond for 2 weeks since his meeting with Hwa. They responded 3 days back scheduling his interview. He was glad they didn't plan it for after 2 days as he has another interview scheduled tomorrow. He thought if the discussion goes well today then he wouldn't go to tomorrow's interview. He takes a good overall look at himself in the mirror again and smiles after feeling satisfied. He grabs his documents and puts them in his briefcase and puts on his shoes. Before leaving he makes sure that the apartment is tidy, nods to himself as a check, grabs his train pass and leaves out the door while his front door autolocks.

On his way to Korn Technologies, a conglomerate of Korn Industries he runs the different possible questions and scenarios that might take place during the interview. As soon as he reaches the building his jaw drops in awe as he faces the 15 storied building with huge logo on top of it to show how prestige it is. He walks in through the door and looks at the pristine and white rolled floor with feeling lights making it feel like you are walking into a nonexistent world. The huge one way mirror windows showing the busy street he just walked through in the back. After looking around for a moment he walks towards the reception desk. He approaches one of the beautiful lady at the reception who doesn't seem occupied any anything at the moment.

"Hello, Excuse me. I am here for an interview appointment that is scheduled for today."

"Good morning sir, can I know your name and of the person you are supposed to meet?"

"Sure, I am Tutor Satakhun. I am here to meet Mr. Kae from CRM IT department."

She nods "Can I please have a look at the invitation letter sent by Mr.Kae and also your identity proof for security reasons, please."

Tor nods assuring her "Yes, here please. The invitation letter and my national card for ID proof." handing her a paper and his ID card.

She smiles in response taking the documents from him "Please wait a moment while I request Mr.Kae to escort you" and she taps away on her system. She scans his ID and hands it back to him after the necessary procedure.

She stares at the screen for a moment and looks up at Tutor "I am sorry for the inconvenience but Mr.Kae is stuck in another meeting which got prolonged unexpectedly. Would you mind waiting for half n hr or would you like to reschedule your appointment for later days?"

Tutor thinks about what he should do but then realizes if he has only 2 more weeks before his last day at his current job so he can't reschedule it for later and he doesn't have anything else planned for today so he smiles back at the receptionist "I don't mind waiting for half n hr. Please let me know when he will be available for the discussion."

"Sure, Mr.Tutor. I will convey your message to Mr.Kae, in the meantime please feel free to use the common area on this floor. You can have a look around and let us know if you need any assistance. I will personally let you know once Mr.Kae is ready for you." with a bright smile.

Tutor nods and starts walking around to find a place where he can relax while waiting and finds Starbucks in the coffee corner. He walks in and order himself a regular hot chocolate with a Chipotle to appease his stomach for not eating usual breakfast in the morning.

He occupies an empty chair at the counter facing a window to the reception area and starts munching on his snacks. He looks around 'This looks like a fun place to work. They even have fast food joints within the office' and noticed people walking here and there as part of their work. He notices most of the people were laughing and having fun 'the ambience here is really good. I hope I can crack this interview. I really feel like this is once in a lifetime opportunity which I shouldn't miss'