5. New Life

Tutor is in the kitchen making himself some lunch after the calm Sunday morning when his phone rang with caller ID of Hwa on the screen. Tutor stopped for a second with a dilemma on why Hwa was calling him now. He hasn't called her or talked to her since he met Fighter. He lets the ringing die down after a few minutes and lets her redirect to voicemail. He sighs and thinks how he is scared to tell her what happened on the day of his interview. He thinks back on the kiss he shared with Fighter and unconsciously his fingers crept to his lips. He regains his senses from the loud ring of his phone with the caller ID showing Hwa's name again. He sighs and thinks she will be worried if he doesn't talk to her and straightens himself, turning off his stove while picking up her call and timidly answering "Hello Hwa."

"I can't believe this Tutor." Shouts Hwa with a hint of anger in her voice.

Tutor's breath hitches and the worst scenario flashes in his mind 'Did Fighter break up with Hwa and tell her that Tutor is his fated mate.' Tutor was scared that Hwa would break her friendship with him because she was heart broken and tutor for one knew that Hwa was in love with Fighter especially after how animatedly she talked with him about Fighter in their last meeting. He starts thinking about what he could tell her to save their friendship "Hwa, that's not it.."

"What do you mean by *not it* Tor? You really thought you could hide something like this from me?"

"Please listen... I mean.... I didn't think you would find out about it."

"How could you think I won't find Tor?"

"I mean... I thought Fighter wouldn't let you know.."

"How could you think that? Fighter is my fiancee so obviously I would know it."

Tor felt a small discomfort when he realized that Hwa calls him fiancee even after Fighter told her about everything. "I don't mean that Hwa... I just didn't want to lose you or our friendship." says Tutor with a hint of sadness

Hwa feels taken back at Tutor's voice and says softly "But Tor, why would you lose me or our friendship? I am the reason why you got the Job so why would that make you lose me idiot?" a subtle irritation in her voice.

After thinking through what Hwa said Tutor realized they were talking about completely different things "You mean... You heard about me getting the job in Korn Technologies?" says Tutor with a hint of doubt

"Yes. You doofus. How could you not tell me about you joining the company? You told me that you weren't gonna join Korn Technologies no matter how much I tried convincing you otherwise. Imagine my surprise when Fighter told me tomorrow was your first day." said Hwa having a mix of anger and sarcasm in her tone.

Tutor for a moment thought he was safe and then immediately realized that the shade of angry Hwa gives him the shivers. "No Hwa... It's not what you think. I was going to tell you... I was gonna surprise you tomorrow." Tutor was trying hard to please his best friend

"Ooh Shut up Tor, you are full of shit today... I always know when you are lying. Don't even bother..." says Hwa sassily and that was when Tutor knew she was not yet appeased.

"I thought you are my best friend Tor and I thought I was yours too and never once I thought I would have to get any of your happy news from someone else." Hwa continues with sadness laced in her voice "You always told me first... all your happy moments and sad moments... we shared them together and when we couldn't we celebrated each of them together." Hwa pauses for a moment trying to give Tutor a chance to speak and when she heard silence on the line she continued "When did it change Tor? Why did it change Tor?"

"Hwa.. It's not like that. You are always my best friend." says Tor in a really soft tone baring all the care for her.

"Then why Tor? Is it because I am engaged now? Is that why you are distancing yourself from me?" says Hwa sadly