Chapter Six

I always thought people were exaggerating when they say they feel 'fireworks' when they kiss someone. Well I was wrong, I had never felt it before. Until I kissed him.

Michael pressed his lips firmly against mine. I'm so getting fired for this, I thought to myself. But, I kissed him back, his mouth opening slightly. His grip around my waist tightened. I can't believe I'm doing this, I'm kissing an inmate on the job... and what's worse... I liked it.

I threw my arms around his neck, bringing my left hand to his cheek. The kiss was passionate, emotional. He tasted amazing.

I pulled away from him, staring into his stunning blue eyes.

"We can't do this, I'll lose my job" I said to him, the truth hurt me but I couldn't ignore it.

"I know, I'm sorry, I lost control for a moment" he said, looking away shyly.

"Hey" I said, resting my hand on his strong shoulder. "Don't be sorry, it was... nice"

"You don't know how long I've wanted to kiss you" he said gently. My stomach flipped. "You won't lose your job, no one will know, I promise you".

I glanced at my watch, 3:25pm.

"I'd better get you back to your cell" I sighed.

-

I lay in bed that night. Oh, how much my life has changed. One thing I now couldn't deny anymore was my feelings for Michael. I thought about the kiss again. Typical me, getting feelings for a man I can't have.

I decided to FaceTime my best friend Chloe. She still lives in Florida and she's the only person I could trust with such information.

"Elise, how's Fox River! I miss you so much, you must tell me everything" she said when she answered my call.

"Oh my gosh, where do I start..." I began. I explained the attack, the murder. I left Michael out for the moment.

"You're actually the bravest woman I know, your dad would be so proud of you Elise" said Chloe.

"Well, I dunno about that..." I mumbled

"What do you mean, of course he would?" I could hear the concern in Chloe's voice.

"So there's this inmate, I ended up running into him a lot... and he's cute, I meant he's REALLY cute, and well today... we kissed... but no one saw, honestly Chloe I need advise what do I do?" I blabbed.

"You kissed an inmate?! Elise!! That's so risky, but I love it, it's kind of exciting! So who is he?" she said.

"His names Micheal... Michael Scofield" I replied.

"Let me google him" I could hear Chloe tapping away at her phone screen. "Oh, Elise he's a dream, let me read this article... mhmm... arrested for armed robbery... pleaded guilty... requested Fox River to be closer to his brother... well, he's a criminal but, at least he has family values?" She laughed. I giggled at her, she always knows how to put a smile on my face.

"He's been so kind, honestly I find it hard to believe he's an inmate. Ugh, what do I do, I think I really like him" I groaned.

"I'm so happy for you Elise, I'm glad you're finally over Matt" she said. I couldn't agree more with her, it took a lot for me to finally have to courage to leave my abusive past relationship.

-

I strolled around the main cell block, clasping my gun with both hands. I was on the overnight shift, and the inmates had all been locked up for the night.

I hadn't seen Michael since the kiss. I was a little anxious to see him again. I paced around, checking all the cells as I went along. I soon approached T-Bag's cell. He was stood at the cage door of his cell, arms hanging through. My blood boiled at the sight of him. He murdered my father.

"Meow, Moretti" he purred at me. I ignored him and carried on walking. "How's daddy, oh wait..." he jeered. I stopped and pointed my gun at him, I had to fight the urge to shoot him right there and then.

"Shut it, Bagwell" I said. He was completely unfazed by me, and continued to smile creepily. I rolled my eyes and walked away. Disgusting man.

I began circling the top floor cells on the balcony, most of the inmates were sleeping. I noticed a few were awake. I could see Michael's cell. I felt nervous as I slowly walked closer and closer.

I peered inside cell 40. Fernando was sat up on his top bunk, looking agitated. I peered in at the lower bunk, Michael appeared to be in bed, fully under the blankets. I couldn't see his face at all.

I couldn't help but think something was up. I looked back at Fernando who looked away from me quickly. It was very suspicious.

"Everything ok Fernando?" I spoke.

"Yes boss, I just... yanno how it gets, I miss my girl and I can't sleep" he stuttered.

"Michael?" I question. There was no movement from Michael's bunk.

"He's on sleeping meds, he probably won't wake" Fernando said quickly. I could see sweat beginning to bead on his forehead.

"Right, well maybe you should consider taking some too" I said, as I moved on to the next cell. There was definitely some strange behaviour going on, why is Fernando on edge every time I visit the cell.

And why is Michael so shady in his cell yet so confident and forward with me in person?

There was something going on.

And I was going to find out what.