The Future Unfolded

"There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy."
– Dante Alighieri

*********************

"Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on?!!" George snaps annoyed after everyone had helped us clean up our mess.

"George I'm sure Alexa will explain everything to you guys later." Molly declares shooing her children out of the living room.

"Are you alright?" Snape asks me and I nod slowly.

"Yeah. It was just a shock." I smile up at him and he pats my head affectionately, moving to hug me with one hand.

Sydney stares at us in disgust and shock.

"What the hell?" She asks, gaping.

"Alexa is Snape's daughter, hun," Sirius whispers loudly in her ear.

"OH HELL NAWWW!" She screams trying to nail another punch at either me or Snape, but both Sirius and Remus stop her. I step in front of my adoptive father, hand out protectively, glaring at her.

"Don't ruin this for me." I hiss at her threateningly. "You gained a husband with all this fantasy bullcrap.... me?" I point at myself. "I got a dad." I choke out.

Her eyes soften as she stares between me and Snape. "Does he treat you well at least?" She croaks, eyes whelming with tears. She knew I was the one, out of the pair of us, that wished for a mum or a dad every birthday, every Christmas, every holiday. Of course she also wanted a family but she was content with us loving each other. I loved her with all my heart ....but I yearned for a parent... and now I got one. 

I force myself to smile at her. "The best," I say, making her nod slowly. She gazes up at Snape who steps up bringing me close for another side hug.

She glares at him for a second before nodding slowly in respect.

I gaze up at Sirius, staring between the pair of them, concern shining in my eyes.

"Syd... you don't remember what's going to happen... do you?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"The second I got to this world... I forgot everything I learned about it." She admits and I bite my lip in distress.

"Well, that's just great." I raise a hand to my temple, rubbing it hard. "You don't remember anything!?" I almost shriek and she gives me an apologetic look.

"Nothing." She answers.

"So like is the meeting postponed or....?" Charlie comes in, short, buff and muscular with wild red hair an extremely handsome face and confused yet kind brown eyes.

"No. It's not. We were all just shocked by the turn of events." Snape answers tersely. "Let's head inside." He offers, eyeing Sydney tersely and with a ton of hate.