The Youngest Black

- Chaos will reign even in the light

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took me two minutes to regain my vision. I was so weak and I felt like I wanted to kill myself... literally. Anything would be so much better than the pain which was this. I reach into the basin, still lying against it drained of all my energy.

I second I grab the locket, it starts to glow.

It glows so much, it starts to burn. I yelp slightly dropping it to the floor. It snaps open.

And then I was blinded. Covering my eyes I move to try to grab the Horcrux but then someone grabs it, stopping me.

"Are you alright?" A man asks me, concerned. His accent made shivers go up my spine and I open my eyes slightly.

"I need water." I groan, trying to sit up only to realize I had fallen to the floor and was lying on this stranger's lap.

"We can't." He hisses. "The Inferi will kill us."

My gaze snaps up to his.

Insane blue eyes meet mine and I blink.

"You're supposed to be dead." I grumble. "Am I dead?" I think to myself. "Fucking Voldemort." I grumble and the man looks amused yet insanely impressed.

"You know who I am?" He asks in his posh British accent that seemed like honey.

"Regulus Black." I answer, realizing we were still staring at one another intently upside down, and that I was still on his lap.

I lurch forward and almost dry heave with the dizziness that hits me full on.

"Careful." Regulus whispers, grabbing me and hauling me to my feet. I was still safely nestled in his arms like a child because I knew I was going to faint if he let go.

"We need to get on the boat and leave now. How old are you?" He demands and I give out a laugh.

"Why?" I snort, my head tilting backwards as I almost fell back.

"Oop." Regulus heaves, lifting me fully into his arms. "Can't have you falling," He murmurs.

"The locket." I grumble, tapping his chest. It was hard with muscle. "Do you have it?" I mumble, fighting with my eyes to stay open.

He adjusts me further so that my head was nestled safely in the crook of his neck and not hanging loosely to one side.

"Yes I do Lex. Is that your full name?" He asks me, searching for the boat.

"No." I murmur. "You won't find the boat. I apparated in here."

His eyes go wide and he stares at me silently. "But that's impossi-" He stutters only to stop completely. "-ble." He finishes and I open my eyes to see that I'd apparated us out of there.