Chapter 29

It was already your last match of the day and you're currently up against the girls who talked shit about you earlier. The first set was an easy win but the second set seems to be quite tricky, you could sense their tremendous aura of wanting to win.

It was Izumi's turn to serve and you're currently in front of her position while Rizumu was in the setter's position. When Izumi heard the whistle, she took a few seconds to breathe before serving the ball, it was received by the opposing team's libero easily. She passed it to the setter which their setter jumped and acted like she was gonna toss it but instead she just did a dink. Rizumu was well aware of it, she was able to make the ball go up again, Iris quickly followed.

"(F/n)-chan!" She called and tossed the ball to you.

You jumped a bit before running to gain some momentum, you jumped high enough to avoid the blockers block before hitting the ball with your dominant hand. You clicked your tongue in annoyance when their libero received it, you wanted to end the game immediately so you could watch the boys' match.

They were able to return the ball to a terrible spot which made them gain a point making them reach the match point first. You looked at your team which they nodded indicating that they understood your message, you're gonna be hitting a cross shot.

They served the ball with full force but it wasn't hard to get. Akane received the ball and at the same time, Izumi ran to her position. She tossed the ball and at the same time the blockers were already waiting for your offense, you jumped and hit a cross shot with full force making the opposing players not react on time. It was your point, it's a deuce. It was your turn to serve, you bounced the ball a couple of times before exhaling. When the whistle was blown, you waited for a a while before tossing the ball high, you angled your hand to make sure you'll hit a service ace. And it did making you reach the match point first, you looked at your team which they gave you a thumbs up and mouthed 'one more'

Again, you played with the ball first before serving it with brute force.....

"No touch ace!!!!!" Your team shouted and ran towards you then hugged you

"Nationals and Internationals here we come!" Rizumu shouted making you hit her head, playfully

"We still have a match tomorrow" you chuckled and lined up

The opposing team and your team shook hands and congratulated each other. When you reached the two girls who were mean to you earlier, you hugged them instead of shaking hands with them

"You played well," you said

"Are you making fun of us?" She hissed making you chuckle

"I mean it...." You pulled away and held their hand "You played well, you did great but make that great play of yours even greater"

You smiled making them looked away, feeling embarrassed

"(L/n)-san, we're sorry for earlier" the other girl apologized

"Yeah we really thought that you were a bitch but I guess you're far from that word" the other girl smiled making you smile back at her, awkwardly

"It's fine...... I gotta go. May our paths cross again" you smiled and walked back to your team

"Great job" Rizumu ruffled your hair making you playfully push her

"Thanks but stay away from my hair" you exclaimed while lining up to thank the audience.

"I think the boys are still playing. Why don't we watch it?" Your coach said which your eyes immediately twinkled in delight