⚠️each other✨

not very angsty no worries. no mention of suicide or anything. just some minor sad shit. i cant write angst for fuck anyways so uh.
this is #1 for angstmaybe LMAO AND I HAVE NOT OFFICIALLY WRITTEN ANY ANGST.

—————

at the age of 15. he was already confused.

at the age of 17. he was sure.

he did not tell anyone. not even his closest friends.

afraid. afraid that he'll be hated for what he is. afraid he will lose them all. afraid that he will lose himself in the sea of insults.

the world wasn't kind at all. it was cruel. although he was sure he was not the only who was like that. he was still afraid.

he wasn't strong, neither was he weak.

at the age of 20. he figured that he liked his best friend. not wanting to ruin their 10 years of friendship, he decided to keep it to himself.

living under the same roof was a shithole. every night, his friend would come home smelling different than when he left. he would come home with clothes disheveled. yamaguchi held his tears.

it hurts like a bitch. but if that was what tsukishima's life style was, then so be it, as long as he was happy, he was too....

right?

it took as long as 3 months for yamaguchi to get used to this routine.

tsukishima coming home smelling different and disheveled clothes hadn't really bother yamaguchi anymore.

yamaguchi figured it would be best to move on. his friend was straight, there was no way his friend would swerve the corner and turn gay. even if he did, who would like this ugly dotted face anyways?

yamaguchi failed his job interviews because of "those dots on your face". it's not like they were the only ones who hated it, yamaguchi himself hated his own freckles. the amount of time he would try scrubbing it off until his cheeks turned red and bled.

shock. surprised. when tsukishima started coming home early, and not smelling like those heavy sweetened perfume, but smelling like cigarettes.

yamaguchi was angry and worried. was tsukishima smoking? why? was he stress with work? what happened?

a week after, yamaguchi decided to question his friend, only to get "mind your business" as a response. it went one for about a month. yamaguchi kept persistently pestering tsukishima to spill the beans.

"tsukki, if it's really bothering you, you should really tell me. it's not healthy to keep it to yourself!" "why the hell do you care?"
a stinging pain on his pale left cheek.
a slap?
yamaguchi slapped him?
"of course i fucking care you fucking idiot! the hell was this ten years of friendship for?! for show?! fuck your ignorance! until you decide to tell me what's happening, i'm leaving."

the green haired stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind him shut.
how could i not care? i fucking love you!

—————

two months passed. yamaguchi was surviving under the care of daisuga couple, freeloading. yamaguchi had went back to him and tsukishima's house to grab his belongings sneakily and stealthily. the couple had been taking care of yamaguchi like actual parents and they were only three years older than him. they didn't complain about yamaguchi not having a job, but instead offered him one. he said needed time to think.