9 - The Recipe - Fitz

I've already had fun torturing people through their siblings, so now Fitz gets to bake with his mom! I know that he baked something for Sophie that turned out well, but let's just pretend he didn't (;

I sat on the couch, too afraid to complain after what happened a few days ago, but also incredibly bored.

"Fitz, Biana, would you help me in the kitchen?" Mom called. Oh no. I think Mom liked making me bake because I was terrible at it.

"Okay."

"Coming!" Biana said, somehow bouncing down the stairs in heels. She was actually good at baking.

"Over this quarantine, I want to get you baking, Fitz! We can expand your skills and it'll be a good use of time!" I groaned.

"Or we could end up burning down the kitchen." Biana snickered. You know what, if that's how she was going to play it, maybe I would bake something. It would be awesome.

"Why don't we do a cooking show!" Biana suggested. Mom made a weird face at her. "It's this human thing. There are challenges, and you have to bake something in a short amount of time, or with only a few ingredients." She explained.

"Bring it on." I said with newfound determination. I was going to win. I just wouldn't use the oven.

"Okay, well I guess I'll pick out some ingredients, and you guys make something." Mom said. We nodded.

"Don't make it easy mom!" Biana called. Great.

Mom came back from the panty with a few different berries, yogurt, cream cheese, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and a pickle. I'm using human food, because if I used Elven no one would have any idea what I was talking about.

"Okay, you guys have an hour!" Mom said, and left. Biana immediately started grabbing ingredients and dishes. I just started blankly at the food laid out on the table. I had to make something awesome to beat Biana. The oven was definitely a no, but what about the blender? I could make a smoothie or something! I grabbed all of the ingredients and chucked them into the blender. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Biana doing something with a tart pan.

When they came out of the blender, they still looked a little odd, so I tried the microwave. When I took it out, it was steaming, but seemed ready. I could see Biana taking something out of the oven.

"Time!" Mom announced. I looked down at my smoothie-ish thing. Uh oh. Somehow, it had started to congeal as it cooled. "Okaaaay, well, let's start with appearance. Biana, yours looks wonderful." Biana had made fruit tart with some kind of frosting. Show off. "Um, Fitz, what did you make?"

"It's a smoothie."

"Well it's definitely an interesting color..." The rest of the judging went like that. Biana's was good, mine, not so much.

"The winner is Biana," I said after they finished tasting. "And you don't have to finish that." Mom and Dad immediately spit it out. "I think I'll stick to telepathy. Baking.... Is too dangerous for me."

"Fitz, you've faced down the Neverseen." Biana pointed out.

"I know."

Sorry it's been forever I updated this! The next chapter is going to be the last one. It'll be another group chat. Anyways, thanks so much for reading, and I hope you're all safe and healthy!