Five

(Just the song I'm listening to while writing this chapter...a favorite 🖤🤍))

a favorite 🖤🤍))

🦋

As Sawyer drove, his mind couldn't help but wonder off into a tunnel with no light.

Sawyer Denver was a simple person. He didn't need many things to be happy. Just his family together would suffice.

When a child, Sawyer was lonely. We wished for someone to play with, someone to tell his jokes too, you could imagine when his mother and father sat him down one night and explained to him that he would be getting now one, but two new siblings, he couldn't be happier.

He would teach them everything he knew, how to read, how to play ball, how to steal the cookies from the cookie jar when mom wasn't looking, everything he knew, he would pass down to them.

When they were born, Molly and Miles became two peas in a pod, plus Sawyer himself.
The three were Inseparable, the three musketeers, as their mother called them that one time.

Now, when their mother sat the three down, quite like she did Sawyer years before, the three were ecstatic to learn another one was on the way.

The twins especially, because, from what they learned from the older brother, they could teach the new one, and then he could teach the newer one, and then finally, they could all teach the final one.

The one who needed the most teaching because the one who taught all of them first, wasn't there anymore, and the one who helped, couldn't.

So it was up to them now. Up to them to teach her how to get away with staying up late when Sawyer said no, how to play video games, how to ride a bike, well, she kind of already knows how to do that, she taught herself, but that's besides the point.
And that point was....Sawyer was at a loss.

He didn't know what to do.

Who to go to...

The person who he would normally go to, wasn't the same.

Sawyer saw it in his eyes as he looked around in the car and out, how his foot shook, no sighs of stopping.

"Dad?" Sawyer called putting as he twisted the rubber wheel, 'hands at ten and two?...it's bullshit' the voice at the back at of his head sounded foreign even though it's the same one that reply's from right beside him.

"Yeah, son?" He says, his eyes focused on an invisible target. 

"You know we have to discuss the arrangements soon—" Sawyer trialed off, hoping he would bounce some ideas off to him, but, he got nothing.