Chapter 12

[ 3rd POV ]

The first set had gone to Shiratorizawa, the second to Itachiyama, and they were in the middle of the third one. Both teams were started to get really tired, but both were determined to win, even if it was a 'friendly' game.

As usual, both aces were competing against each other, but this time, something else was lingering in the air, but Erin was the only one not noticing, for it was the first time she was assisting to one of their games.

Ushijima was in a foul mood, his spikes harder than ever to get in the air, making Komori want to jump of a bridge and end his life.

Sakusa was determined to win this for Erin, intending to keep his promise to her.

And then there was Tendou. He was guessing a lot of things, most of the things he was guessing about true, and was having the time of his life blocking the players and observing his captain's reactions to a girl. It wasn't every day that he was allowed to that.

He smiled sinisterly and blocked another one. He hadn't kept count, but he enjoyed seeing that the players weren't breaking. Acting as if he was thinking out loud, he questioned the opposite team.

" You guys seem to really want to win today~ I wonder why ? Has it anything to do with Erin-chan ? I mean, as far as I was aware, she didn't even know your team, and you guys are in her school " he intentionally provoked them, actually doing another favor to his friend, knowing her intentions.

He got hit on the back of his head my one of his teammates, making him pout.

" Semi semi, that actually hurt you know "

" Yeah yeah, sure. Stop annoying them. And hurt my ass, look at you. You're dancing " he scowled at his friend " Just focus will you "

" Yes don't worry~ " he sang back.

The redhead winked at the girl on the bench, but Sakusa caught his action, making a tick appear on his forehead as he misunderstood the situation.

" Hey, Kiyoomi, nothing's going to happen even if you continue glaring at them you know" Komori sweat dropped at the dark haired boy.

He just huffed in response and went back into the game.  In the end, the last set stretched out and it ended at 27-29... for Shiratorizawa.

All the players were exhausted but the weasels seemed down. They said their goodbyes when the teams noticed two players were missing.

" It seems Erin was disappointed huh ? " a random second year spoke up.

" What do you mean ? " Ushijima heard the girl's name and immediately took interest.

" Oh, you see well... Well, you must know Erin was part of the reason this game was organized right ? "

" Mmh, yea, Tendou did mention she requested it " Goshiki said, but suddenly his brows furrowed, and Semi and Shibaru's too. All three glanced at each other, deadpanning. The guess monster of their team had schemed something again.

" You see, if we won, she would agree to be our manager. But since we didn't, we assumed she left. I can't see her "

" She must be with Tendou. I mean they are friends. Just by any chance... Can Miya be... mischievous? Or something like that ? "

" We actually don't know her that much about her. We met her a few times, but she's mostly Sakusa's friend "

The germaphobe rolled his eyes before answering.

" Don't ask me. One second she's perfectly normal, the next I have no idea what she's thinking. But honestly, she's the twin foxes cousin. We could expect anything "

[ Erin POV ]

I waited for the red head under  a tree, leaning against it. He grinned at me.

" So... they lost. What are you going to do ?"

" Aw, com'on, I know you already guessed " I rolled my eyes at him, unaware of the fact that a certain black haired and handsome ace had done the same thing at the same moment. " Of course I'll be their manager. I've heard rumors you know" I paused   "From some friends. I think this year's gonna be quite the thing. Anyways, thanks" I smiled a bit at him.

" My dear Erin, you really are a bit of a sadist you know. You intentionally put that pressure on them, and forced them to play with everything they had, even maybe surpass themselves, even if you had already made your decision and become their manager, just so you could test their abilities. And you asked me to test their patience. That aside, you're welcome. I love helping for these type of things. Especially if I have fun. You know, you're quite the devil under the mask " He chuckled "I can never guess what you're planning, and that's coming from me.  "

" I don't see what you're talking about " She answered sarcastically " We should go back, don't you think? "

" Mmh. Yeah, they must be freaking out by now "