Chapter 17

[ Sakusa POV ] 

I was sitting on the bench next to the coach waiting for Erin when she arrived, but she looked a bit off. I shrugged it off, thinking she was just a bit tired, but by the end of the morning practice, she hadn't said much, and seemed lost in thought.

" You ok ? "

" Yeah, sorry, I'm just a bit tired that's all, I stayed up watching anime all night " She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck hidden behind her long hair.

I hummed at her while taking my bag, and followed her into the classroom. And it went on all day. Each time I asked her, she would just say she was tired, and refuse to talk about it any further.

We were heading back home earlier because we didn't have practice this evening. She made a funny face and sighted, and I finally snapped at her, thought I wasn't quite sure why.

" What the heck is going on with you Erin ? And don't give me that crap that you're tired please " I could see it on her face. It wasn't only fatigue. " It has something to do with Atsumu yesterday right ?"

The girl didn't answer, and I shook my head. 

" Erin, at least tell me the truth. You're not tired are you ? Well not enough to be this down "

" No, I'm not. I just don't fell like talking about it..."

I smiled at her, and took her hand " You don't have to. But when you want to, I'll be here, ok ? " I gave her a squeeze and let her go.

" I hope it get's better " I turned round and she sighted, feeling conflicted. Should she tell him, or just wait for her cousin to come back ?

I sent back home, and saw a familiar pair of shoes, and my mom talking to my cousin. They were in the middle of a big conversation... About me ? 

" Hey, what are you talking about ? "

They smirked at him.

" Oh, you know, this and that. A few things about a certain girl maybe ? " My mom answered, and I picked up what all this was about quickly enough, but I was confused.

" You two were talking about our manager ? Why ? " 

"Yeah...Manager~ I'm not sure that's all she is to you my dear " Oh god now I understand. Someone please bury me six feet under right now. I was not going to have a love talk or any other type of talk with her. 

" Mum, please don't " 

" Why, I want to know all about the girl who can make smile at something other than volleyball"

I walked up to my bedroom, followed by Komori. I shut the door behing me, before sighting and falling on my bed. 

" Sorry about me and auntie. She was just well... You know " 

" Yeah, I do " I muttered an answer at him. 

" But you DO like her don't you ? " He asked me, curious, but pretty sure of the answer.

I looked away, trying to avoid blushing. 

" yes, a little " I remembered something, and frowned " Can I ask you something? "

" Yeah, sure " He titled his head in confusion.

" Let's say the girl you like has been acting weird for the day... And it worries you, but she won't tell you what's up. What would you do ? "

He though for a minute.

" Well not a lot. I'd just wait I suppose. And try to make her smile "