Chapter 18

[ Kenma POV ]

" Hello Erin " I greeted her, but I was a bit surprised. No wonder she knew about Bokuto. Remembering our conversation from the other day, I walked over to her. 

" How are you ? " She smiled at bit, but I picked up that it wasn't entirely sincere " Good, you ? "

The trio behind us were watching us, their eyes piercing my back. I turned round.

" How long are you guys going to stare ? "

Kuroo looked at me, then at Erin, before returning to me again. 

" So it WAS her you were talking that night " He accused. ' How was I supposed to know you two knew each other ? "

I sighted. " Yes why ? "

Erin cut us. 

" So you force people to play volleyball in the middle of the night now ? New way of flirting ? "

" Why, jealous ? " 

" You wish " 

" Don't be mean kitten " 

" I'm not babe. Just telling the truth "

'Ok, what's happening ? '

As if Bokuto's friend? Girlfriend? Future girlfriend ? Anyway, as if she was reading my thoughts whispered at me. 

" Don't worry, it's normal for them. They never dated if that's what you were wondering. Just...this. And one or two making out to make girls leave us alone when they hit on Kuroo. Nothing more. Just practice I suppose "

I sweatdropped. That sounded normal to her...Were they really practicing flirting right now ? 

I pulled on Erin's sleeve, wanting to ask her something.

" Hey, have you found who you were looking for ? " I said lowly. 

Her smile faded. 

" No, I haven't... "

Bokuto looked at his best friend and lowered his head at a very low angle, and pulled her cheek. 

" What's wrong ? " 

Kayano I think took his arm. " Let's talk somewhere else shall we ? "

We walked in a calm park, and sat down. What I found weird was the way they all were. Bokuto was half cuddling Kayano, while Kuroo was laying down, resting on Erin's leg. I sat next to them.

" Are you guys always like this ? " I asked at their close contact.

" Yeah, usually. Since none of us consider the other in a romantic way, and those three are childhood friends, it doesn't bother us, and it feels more comfortable when we want to comfort someone "   

Kuroo pointed at the three others while talking.

" Well, I'm not sure about the platonic part between  Kayano and Bokuto tho... " Erin mused " But for me and Kuroo it's like that now. And I'm into someone else, and he is too. We just know each other since some time "

I shrugged at their weird habits. That explanation was vague, but I'll have Kuroo explain the real details later.

" So, why did we come here anyway ? " My best friend asked.

Kayano glanced at Erin, as she took a breath.

" 'Samu's missing "

The two bros chocked, and I raised an eyebrow.

 " Who is it ? " 

" Oh, he's my cousin. Miya Osamu " She sighted " I haven't heard of him since last week "

Bokuto was silent, as well as Kuroo, and I understood. I pulled the black haired boy's ear and told Erin I remembered I needed to tell him something about Lev. Well, she didn't know him but whatever.

" Ok, what do you know Kuroo ? "

He looked away, before sighting. 

" You remember that guy who was at your place for not even what ? Half an hour ? Well, that's him. Osamu Miya "

I felt like my brain had just melted. 

" So the night I was talking to her and she literally couldn't even play because she was worried, the guy she was looking for was in the room next door ? "

" Well, yeah, I suppose. I'll explain later, but please keep this a secret "

I agreed, even if I didn't want to. It wasn't really my problem what Erin was going to do to them if she knew where he was. I actually hoped she would send them to hell.

We went back to them, as she was continuing to explain things to Bokuto, who was as pale as a sheet in front of his best friend on the verge of tears. When they were finally out he whispered to Kayano, but I clearly heard him.

" What do we do? She's never the one crying, it's always me or you "

" What do you mean ' What do we do ? ' It's no like we know anything, so let's just cheer her up "

He nodded, and went back to Erin, before deciding to hug her. 

" Stupid 'Samu. Stop making us worry you- Just come back- " She mumbled, and looked at her feet. Uncomfortable, I took my phone out to distract myself. Kuroo was still silent, making Kayano raise her eyebrow, but before she could ask him anything, voices was heard behind my back. 

" Manager-san ? "

" What did you do to her ? " A gloved hand caught Kuroo's collar, who looked quite guilty standing silently on the side.

------

Hiya!

 I hope this isn't too late of an update, I've had quite a few assignments to finish recently. More like my teachers are on a small frenzy lol, and I'm late on quite a few. Anyway, I hope you're still liking this, it's a little rushed tho, so don't be surprised if a few edits are made later.

The author,

 a.k.a Konako-chan~