The Next day

He doesn't remember exactly when they fell asleep. But when Aizawa woke up a few hours later to the sound of his alarm in the other room, he noticed that Midoriya was curled up between him and his husband on the couch.

His wounds were now mostly healed, Recovery Girl had left a note on the coffee table in front of them. 

“Do NOT leave him unsupervised until you have had him evaluated by a psychologist. -RC”

Midoriya was leaning against Hizashi, clutching his nightshirt with his legs on Aizawa's lap. 

He slowly got up from the couch, careful to not wake Midoriya up, before gently shaking his husband awake. 

“Hey, keep an eye on him while i get dressed.”

Hizashi nodded and yawned, gripping the boy’s shoulder gently as Aizawa headed towards the bedroom.

Raising his voice just enough for Aizawa to hear him in the other room, Hizashi smiled. "I can definitely tell he's your kid"

"Yeah? How so?" Aizawa grabbed his hero costume and got changed before heading back into the living room.  

"He's really clingy," He said, gesturing towards the boy’s iron grip on his shirt.

Suddenly he was hit by a rolled up newspaper. 

"AGK-" 

Aizawa whispered "shut up, you're gonna wake him." With a bright red face, trying to hide the smile on his face. 

Hizashi turned around and kissed his husband on the lips "You know you love me."

"Yeah yeah." He grumbled before turning to go make coffee.

Hizashi stayed seated on the couch, and looked at the kid curled up against him. His smile faded a bit as he remembered the events of last night. 

“Hey Shouta?”

“Mhm?”

“What are we gonna do about him today? I need to be at work, but…” He ran a hand through Midoriya’s hair. “I don't wanna leave him by himself…”

Aizawa thought for a bit while he poured them each a cup of coffee.

“Well, i can text Toshinori about the situation and have him bring him home for the day. I think he and his mother need to discuss a few things anyway…”

Hizashi nodded and continued stroking Midoriya's hair. “Can you go get Eri ready for school today? She said she was having a sleepover in the commons with the other girls.”

“Yeah, i'll head out now.” Aizawa kissed him goodbye, set his coffee mug on the table and walked out. 

Midoriya started waking up only a few minutes after Aizawa left.

Hizashi smiled, trying to hide his concern for the boy’s well being. “Hey listener… how ya feeling?”

He sat up, somewhat disoriented and looked around. It took him a minute, but once he finally managed to recall the night before his eyes widened. He felt the anxiety begin to build as he curled into himself and muttered an “im sorry”, avoiding eye contact with Mic. 

Hizashi pulled him back over and held him tightly. “Kid, you have nothing to apologize for. Hell, if anything, I should be the one apologizing. We should’ve known something was up...” 

Midoriya stayed quiet, not quite knowing how to respond. 

“Do you wanna talk about it? Last night I mean…”

“No… not really.”

“Alright… how about we get you something to eat huh? Try and get your mind off this for now?” Hizashi offered half a smile, laying a hand on his shoulder. 

Midoriya nodded and smiled a bit back, following him into the kitchen. 

Hizashi opened the pantry and looked inside “I'm not exactly the BEST cook but I can try to throw something together…”

Suddenly a lightbulb lit up in his head and he grabbed pancake mix, food dye and a few plastic bottles, flashing a bright smile.

“Midoriya, have you ever tried making pancake art?”