Chapter 19: My Friends

[Hello children I really like writing about Y/n's backstory so here is more of it!]

××××Still in the Flashback××××

The Captain has asked us to split up...but I had no idea where to go. I was all alone...again.

*Those jerks think we actually would overthrow the kingdom and kill Zaratras!? Basterds!! Oh great I sound like Ban...*

I quickly ducked behind a wall in the castle. I was currently trying to get out of there as soon as Meliodas told us to disband.

*Where the hell do I go?*

I then heard numerous footsteps coming towards me. I quickly hid and watched as Holy Knights walked to where Zaratras was killed.

*W-Wait is that little Gill!? No No! He can't go in there!*

I wanted to reach out to him so badly to stop, but I couldn't. I would be seen...I couldn't afford to get caught.

"Hey! Keep an eye out...I sense powerful magic nearby." One Holy Knight said.

*Crap...*

I tried to move more out of sight but the vase next to me got bumped in the process and fell off the table.

*Double crap!*

I was then tapped on the shoulder. I turned around to be face to face with a Holy Knight. Little Gill was standing in front of him with tears streaming down his face.

*he already saw...*

My body slumped as I looked at the sad child I've considered my little brother at this point.

"I-Is it true...?" Gill choked out.

I looked down at him but still kept a close eye on the Holy Knight.

*why isn't he attacking me?*

"Of course not Gill! I would never do such a thing! I promise, do you trust me?" I asked as tears ran down my cheeks.

It was rare for me to cry, especially in front of people. Gill and the Holy Knight look at each other. Gill turned back to me and gave me a soft smile.

"Mhm." He nodded, but I could still tell he was a little unsure.

"Follow me, I'm going to help you get out of here safely Lady Y/n." The Holy Knight looked at me dead in the eye.

*Why? Why is he helping me? I don't think I should trust him...but...it's worth a shot. Who cares if I get tossed in jail for hundreds of years.*

"...all right...Little Gill, once this is over we will go on a real adventure." I said as I ruffled his hair.

Gill gave me a sad smile and walked off. I felt pain strike my heart.

*sorry buddy...*

"Let's go...this way Lady Y/n!" The Holy Knight started guiding me out of the castle.

×Time Skip within Flashback×

We finally made it outside the Kingdom. I could finally relax. I looked at the Holy Knight that had helped me, it looked like he was heading back.

"W-Wait! Are you seriously going back!?" I said as I became worried for my new friend? He's my friend now right? Oh well he's my friend now whether he likes it or not.

"I have no where else to go..." he states as he looks up at the kingdom.

*me either...*

"We can travel together, I have no where else to go either. It would be better if I wasn't alone." I smiled at him.