Authors's Rants & Disclaimer

This story is inspired by my love of Chinese Xianxia and Wuxia dramas. They are basically set in ancient China against the backdrop of its lustrous landscapes where the characters donned long robes and had long beautiful hair that flutter in the wind. I've always wanted to create a story that follows such imagery. So one day the idea and concept came. It took a while piecing them together and needless say, I am quite psyched about this.

Since the background is set in ancient China, the names and culture references have been set to be as close to the cultural background as possible. There maybe inaccuracies but please be reminded it's a work of fiction and not a historical account of some sort.

The background setting of the story is first explained in "Premise" which introduced the kind of world that MC and ML inherited from their ancestors that would serve as a recurring theme throughout the story.

"Prologue" followed after and it explained MC's parents' background and the five kingdoms.

I will also write a summary of characters to remind where and who everyone is in the Chapter that says "Character and Places". This chapter will be updated constantly if a new character is introduced or if a detail is added. So in case of confusion, you are welcome to go back and read the details in this chapter.

MC and ML will not appear in the Premise or Prologue chapters. Those of you impatient lots can skip these chapters and go straight to Chapter 1 where MC will officially appear in the story. When you are intrigued or become confused, do come back to read chapter premise and prologue.

This story is an original story created by me and if you want to translate to another language, please message me about it.

The river names and some events may be similar to the real history of ancient China and it is purposefully made that way to remind where the original ideas came from. Maybe I should also add "loosely based on the beginnings of the two major rivers in ancient China." Or maybe not. Its just like 2% of it.

I will try to update constantly, however if updates came abit slower please understand that as a human writer I do experience writer's block sometimes and rather than forcing myself to complete a chapter just for the sake of completion, I prefer to wait when the inspiration come so it will also enhance the quality of writing.

Please be reminded also that this is a work of pure fiction from the author's imagination. This story was created because the author is happy doing so and hoped that readers feel the same. If it at any point the development stresses you out so much or made you angry enough to feel like murdering me... You don't have to force yourself to continue. Just walk away and read something else that makes you happy. There are like a million other stories in WP alone and surely you can find something else that is to your liking. There is no universal storyline that will please the whole world and I cannot satisfy all tastes. It is just not possible for any author.

If you have reached this point, Thank you so much for taking the time to hear my rants. I love you all and promise to do my best!!

Lastly, I hope you can enjoy this story as much as I enjoyed writing them. We live only once so please be happy!!!