Chapter 26: The Rock cave was unexpectedly deep

Where their lips touched, a warm sensation curled up in his belly, warming his whole body. Weiying saw that Lanzhan was not rejecting him, he saw the white porcelain bottle containing wine at the corner of his eyes. He pulled away from Lanzhan before taking a gulp from the bottle. Lanzhan stared at him, dazed, soaking in the scene in front of him. Weiying then pushed open Lanzhan's lips with his tongue and the wine that had been warmed slightly in Weiying's mouth slowly flowed into Lanzhan's. Weiying's tongue danced inside his mouth, pushing the liquid further in. The liquid had no other place to go so Lanzhan had to swallow them slowly. The wine wasn't that good of a wine. In fact it was just regular one used for painkiller, but as the liquid grazed the lining of his throat, Lanzhan shuddered. More was pushed inside. A mediocre wine like this could actually taste so good. Weiying continued to take sips and fed Lanzhan that way.

"Weiying.." Lanzhan held his hands from taking another sip. A trickle of clear liquid escaped his lips and traveled down his throat.

"Stop talking." Weiying whispered as he held Lanzhan's face and kissed Lanzhan on his lips.

His heart was about to melt from the sweetness. The thunderingg beats in his heart competing with the echoes of thunder from the rain outside.

The felt cool sensation from underneath their feet, Slightly wetting them. Lanzhan was the first to react by pushing Weiying away.

"Weiying, the water's entered here."

The sudden realization cut short their reverie. Streams of water slowly entered where they stood. It flowed past them and gathered at the pool. The pool had about a few centimeters before it was full and overflow.

Weiying, who was slightly drunk was caught off guard by the sudden disturbance. He felt like a bucket of cold water was poured above his head. What a bad timing! He fumbled around nervously for his clothes, trying to calm himself down. Lanzhan quickly gathered the things around them.

"You're wearing the wrong side!" Lanzhan muttered seeing Weiying panicking.

Weiying's heart was beating uncontrollably upon the realization of what he had done. He felt terribly embarassed and confused at the same time.

In the end, Lanzhan helped him put on his clothing.

"Stand properly. Take a deep breath." Lanzhan said as he tied Weiying's belt for him.

Weiying didn't dare look him in the face at all.

Where they came from, water rushed in like currents. Going back to the front of the cave where they entered would be going against the current. Feeling the coldness on his feet, Weiying sobered up.

"Do you think the cave cuts through the mountain?" Weiying asked. Trying to normalize the conversation between them. The last thing he wanted was for things to become awkward between them.

"Lets hope it does."

Weiying and Lanzhan tried to find an exit by following the water flow.

There was a fork in the road

"Which way?"

"Try this one."

Soon, they came infront of a dead end where the water began to pool at their feet.

"Maybe it was that other turn."

The water flow was at their ankles.

Weiying followed Lanzhan back to the fork and dashed to the other path. Splashing sounds could be heard as they waddled through the water below their feet.

"The water flowed slower here"

Weiying said.

"Here, hold this torch". Lanzhan drew a stray wooden branch and lit it up. Then gave it to Weiying. Each of them held their own torches. It would be better if more light was available so both of them could find the way out.