Synopsis

Raja Maatha Kunti, also known to the world by her birth name Pritha, was the wife of King Pandu of Hastinapura. Though popularly known as the mother of the five Pandavas, very few knew that she had given birth to a son, prior to her marriage with Pandu, and this first born was none other than Karna. This deep secret, though revealed to Karna near the start of the war, was maintained by Kunti her entire life, till the closure of the Mahabharata battle. Read on to explore the emotional breakdown of a mother who cannot come to terms with the harsh truth that she had knowingly abandoned her first born, and failed to acknowledge him as her son to the world till his last remaining breaths. Will a mother's desire to witness her complete family at least once in her life, ever come true?

Notes/Terms to Understand Chapter 4:

*Kunti was the first wife of Pandu, while Madri was his second wife. Out of the 5 Pandavas – Yudhisthira, Bhima and Arjuna were the sons of Kunti. Nakula and Sahadeva were the sons of Madri. Post the death of King Pandu and Madri, Kunti brought up all the Pandavas as her own.

*Lakshagriha incident – a chapter in the Mahabharata where Duryodhana (jealous of the Pandavas) plans to kill them by making them stay in a palace made from lacquer. This evil plan was hatched under Shakuni, Duryodhana's maternal uncle's, guidance. This palace was meant to be a death trap for the Pandavas since the material lacquer is highly flammable – the plan was to set the palace aflame.

*Lord Surya was the celestial father of Karna, as Kunti had invoked Lord Surya using a divine mantra – which resulted in the birth of Karna.

Terms:

*Pritha - Kunti's birth name (which is why Arjuna is also called Partha - son of Pritha)

*Pari – fairy or angel

*Raja Maatha – Queen Mother

*Ganga River – considered sacred by Hindus and often personified as Goddess Ganga in ancient Hindu texts

*Lord Surya Narayana – another name for Lord Surya (known as the Sun God)

*Kalasha – a small brass pot (usually filled with water) used in prayers

*Mantra – a sacred utterance or group of words in Sanskrit (Ancient Indo-Aryan language, considered the primary liturgical language of Hinduism, and the predominant language of most Hindu texts, along with some of the principle Buddhism and Jainism texts)

Hi everyone! Hope you're all enjoying the story so far :) 

Here is the synopsis and notes for chapter 4! The chapter will be posted as soon as possible. Please do comment your thoughts in the meantime - I'd love to hear what you're thinking :)

Thank you all for your love and support for DaanveerPutri!!