Chapter 4: The New Me

AN: Hey, Wattpaders! :D Ready for chapter 4?? Long chapter coming at ya, with a bunch of plotline! ;D Hope you enjoy chapter 4, thanks for reading, and enjoy the character development of this chapter! Tell me what you think! <3 P.S. Just a note... THANK YOU, EVERYONE WHO SHARED/TWEETED/VOTED/COMMENTED/EVERYTHING for The Blood Diamond during the 2014 Wattys!! I'm happy to announce that The Blood Diamond has won a Watty :D The People's Choice Award! Yaya ^__^ THANKS, you guys! :D Okay, now to the chapter... again, ENJOY ~.~

Chapter 4: The New Me

   When Kira and I arrived back at The Dakota, it was a mere hour before dawn, and the faint glow of morning light could be seen just peeking over the cityscape's unique horizon.

   Henri was on his king-sized bed, wearing nothing but... his black boxer shorts. God, not this again! His long black hair fell into his hooded eyes, which appeared thoughtful as he stared into space. I entered the bedroom first, Kira at my heels. I wiped all traces of squirrel from my mouth, but splotches of animal blood were still stained on my clothes.

   As soon as our eyes met, Henri's shoulders relaxed. He'd been waiting for us to return. That much I knew just by observing.

   "She passed my expectations, brother," Kira mused happily from behind me. "She's a real pro at hunting." She left it at that, and it was all she said because she suddenly left, closing the bedroom door slowly behind her.

   I was left alone with my sire.

   Oh, boy...

   I took in the dim room. It hadn't changed much. Then again, I hadn't expected it to...

   "Antoinette," Henri called, forcing me to meet his eyes with his tone. The vampire wasn't smiling when I turned to face him.

   Oh, God, what had I done wrong now?

   "Yes, Henri?"

   "Come here. You must be exhausted."

   I couldn't have resisted him, even if I wanted to try. I'd be relatively safer with Henri while the sun was up during the day. Without another moment of delay or protest, I climbed onto the plush bed and curled up beside my sire. It felt a bit awkward – more like a lot – with his, uh, body behind me, and I felt overly self-conscious.

   "Shouldn't I change out of these clothes?"

   "Dawn is too close. You might as well wait until sunset to change."

   I bit the inside of my cheek as I slid under the covers. I was nervous for more than one reason.

   "So... do we just fall asleep or...?" I trailed off, not knowing where to go with it.

   "Do you feel tired?" he asked me, gently placing his hand on my shoulders, as if to massage them. I found myself saying, if a little dreamily. "No... Are you?"

   "Not when you're here, in my bed with me."

   I would've certainly blushed if I were still human and capable of it. I realized then why I was so nervous. This was the most intimate we'd ever been, and I wasn't used to sleeping in bed with someone I cared for, as in loved.

   And wasn't I supposed to be angry with him? There were things he was still keeping from me; secrets and shit... why shouldn't I be angry?

   I closed my eyes, and then opened them again. "At least tell me where we're going."

   "I can't."