Chapter 5: Bad Blood

A/N: Hey, guys! Chapter 5 is here, whoo :D Thanks for patiently waiting for the truly eventful chapter ;) Be prepared for awesomeness, plot twists, and revelations! :D Let's see if any theories on Toni and Henri's destination got it right ^__^ Thanks for reading and enjoy <3

Chapter 5: Bad Blood

   I always knew that Russ was bad news. Sure, I had that moment of weakness and fell for him, but it hadn't exactly been my choice at the time. With the help of hexed jewelry, I'd gone from suspicious to falling head over heels for the handsome manipulative bastard!

   I wasn't exactly surprised to see Russ, but not like this and certainly not here. I hadn't wanted to be discovered like this, no sir.

   "Antoinette?"

   At the use of my name, I knew that I was screwed. Of course he would recognize me on the spot; he was probably still obsessed with me!

   I refused to turn around, but Russ didn't seem to care one bit. He moved right past me, golden hair bouncing as he moved with immortal grace to sit down at the table with the redheaded vamp.

   Kris gave me a look of confusion, and I could only mirror him as Russ began to converse with the unknown girl. Huh... Didn't see that coming.

   I think I was more surprised about his realization of my presence that was followed by... well, nothing. He hadn't even acknowledged me after he said my name.

   Weird.

   "Excuse me, Mr. Knight-" Kris began weakly, struggling to raise his voice. Poor were.

   Russ ignored us, naturally, and kept his conversation up. I decided then to finally listen in, for the sake of... oh, forget it!

   "Ms. Radcliffe, I can-" Russ began, his tone sweet and gentle. What a fake!

   "I thought I was meeting Robert Drake, the Manhattan clan's master vampire," the redhead spoke slowly. "You're not him."

   "He's busy," Russ tried to convey forgiveness, but he was royally sucking at it. In everyone's eyes.

   "Too busy to blow off his request to meet me? I came all the way from Chicago," the vamp grumbled, flipping her fiery hair back out of her eyes. I cocked an eyebrow at the scene unfolding before me.

   So this vamp wasn't from New York... I thought as much.

   "Uh... " Russ seemed to be nervous for some reason. That wasn't like him, especially not in the presence of a woman, whatever species.

   "Robert Drake still wants to speak with-"

   "Well, you tell him that his time is very limited," the redheaded vamp remarked with a hiss. "I won't be in Manhattan very long, and he's wasting my time as it is. Your master is the one who-"

   "Ms. Radcliffe, I'm sorry but something came up. We can reschedule-" Russ offered, but his companion was no longer listening.

   "Two days," she replied. "I'll be here for two days, Russell Knight." She stood up. "You know where to find me," she reminded the blonde vamp as she headed toward the entrance. I got a good look at her from where I was. The vamp was slim - like all vampires are - but she appeared more athletic than the typical female vamp.

    Hmm... Genetics, maybe?

   Ice blue eyes that reminded me of Ethan Frazer met mine in a chokehold, but it didn't last long. Soon the redhead vamp was gone, without a look back at Russ.